• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350 User Firmware Update

I spent hours trying to get any version to update on my 350... v1.1... then v1.2... it would continually time-out and not start using an RT Sys cable.

So as a last ditch attempt, I tried a different laptop and BOOM it finally worked!

Just sharing in case someone else has an issue with it. :)

Firmware update

I had a similar problem, but it was a minor fix. You have to know what comm port is used for the RT systems cable. Once specified accurately everything was a breeze. Just look in your hardware list in Windows and it will list it for you with the comm port number assigned. :D

I think the problem is the USB/Serial driver in use. If you make your own cable, you'll want to make sure and get a USB/Serial adapter that uses the FTDI driver. The Prolific drivers don't work with the FTM-350 (They don't work with my K3, either). You might check the drivers that are installed for that RT Systems cable and see what they are.

Any idea if the Cable sold by Bob g4hfq (who sells the software aas well) will work for the update?
Thanks

Any idea if the Cable sold by Bob g4hfq (who sells the software aas well) will work for the update?
Thanks

I don't have this cable, but I have spoken to him about his software. It will work for the firmware upgrade. My cable is just a home brew and it works perfectly.

looking for 1.6 USA

I am looking for the V 1.6USA firmware for my FTM350AR - I have a couple of copies for the A/E version and my rig keep reading "FIRM ERROR" when I tried to load it.... so I reinstalled V 1.3Usa back in the rig....

Nyesu could you re post ur reply it shows up on the topic section but not on the thread page?????

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.