• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350 User Firmware Update

No, F'ing way!!!! FINALLY! It looks like there was an update delivered two days ago. I wonder what all is fixed?

Here is what the Firmware update Fixes.

Version UP history

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The past contents of Version UP are as follows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Version 1.1 (2010-Jun)

(1)Enabled to indicate the model name "VX-8G" when receiving a position packet from a Yaesu "VX-8G" transceiver.

(2)Corrected a problem where under certain circumstances the transceiver would lock up when receiving a "NAVITRA PACKET".

(3)Corrected a problem when an APRS message is being read using the FVS-2. If you transmit during this time the transmitted audio would be muted until the FVS-2 completed reading the message.

(4)Corrected the model name displayed when a position packet was received from a Kenwood "TH-D7" transceiver.

(5)Corrected a compass error in the south latitude/west longitude directions when using the Heading UP display.

(6)Corrected a state of the compass display mode of an APRS position packet may not be held.

(7)Corrected a fault where if SET MENU G03 is set to (AUTO STEP) and if the SQL type is changed the VFO step rate would default to 5 kHz steps.

(8)Changed a control so that the SQL port output signal of a Data jack might be interlocked with a TSQ/DCS signal.

* Version 1.0 (2009-Dec)

Initial Version

I have uploaded 4 .pdf files showing the procedure to update the FTM-350 firmware. Please note that you require a CT-140 programming cable (DIN8 To DIN6 + DUSB9) to perform the update.

Attachments

• FTM-35-1.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 567
  • FTM-35-2.pdf
    192.2 KB · Views: 494
  • FTM-35-3.pdf
    58.6 KB · Views: 464
  • FTM-35-4.pdf
    202.4 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
Ok took a chance and used the RT System Cable and it all went smoothly, so no need to get the CT-140 if you have the RT System programming cable, works just fine !(y)

That is great to know, thanks.

This also tells me that we should be able to use the RT System cable for packet as well. I am going to do some experimenting with that today as my base in the house is a TM-D700, I can try to connect back and forth with packet software. Then the big hurdle that noone has been able to crack is the APRS software connection to the FTM 350. That would be awesome if it doe in fact work.

The RT systems USB cable was used by w1med instead of using Yaesu's CT-140. Yaesu has a specific procedure to apply the firmware update. You can not use the RT software. The directions are listed in my post eariler in this thread.

FW Update easy and well-documented

I did the upgrade to 1.1 this AM early. I used the RT Systems cable that comes in the Yaesu software programming cable kit. It was easy to do. Just be aware that it does require a full reset of the radio which wipes all settings and memories. I backed up my memories and settings with the ADMS software and just restored them right back when done.

A call to RT Systems did clear up one question...I asked, ... "If you have multiple .rsf radio settings files, how does it decide which settings to use?"

The answer was. "It always uses the most recent save of settings you have made. If you wish to apply an older settings file, you open it and save it so it's the most recent."

Worked great. Very cool radio.

Hey Phil, I have been waiting to see you pop up on my APRS at the house, I usually get a pretty good bunch of stations from CT via Digi's on my base station at the house.

This is great news. (y) I was thinking about sending my radio in to get the compass update since I bought my radio when it first came out. Releasing the update saved me money and time without my radio. Since my radio is installed in my vehicle I used my laptop and the RT System USB Cable to update my radio. Everything went smooth and I'm up and running again. Thanks Yaesu.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.