• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350AR Discontinued!

cannongeorge

Feb 26, 2013
I've been researching for a new APRS-ready radio; basically Kenwood D710 vs. Yaesu FTM-350AR. I found out this morning (from Gigaparts) that Yaesu has discontinued the FTM-350AR, the proposed replacement is the FTM-410 but of course no details out of Yaesu yet. Yaesu is a difficult outfit to figure out!

What type of problems have you seen? I haven't seen too many with mine, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough?
Sensitivity issues when using both VFO's, severe intermod when using both VFO's on same band (due to internally generated spurs). Ottawa is a major urban area with lot's of commercial systems, which produces much intermod on these radios.

Though not Yaesu's fault, some users expected to use the radio on 220. With a 1 W output, 220 operation is problematic.

I'm a big fan of my FTM-350 and have never experienced any problems with it. Maybe useability could be improved a bit, but for the most part it does what I expect it to.

Times are a changing.... The 350 is still advertised as "new" and a concern I have is how long it'll continued to be supported, aftermarket - this includes firmware updates and parts availability. I like what I've seen about this rig and believe it addresses a niche in the marketplace, at least for now...

I'm In the GTA which is more urban than Ottawa and haven't had any issues with my FTM-350 nor has any of the other few people that I know that have them. Interested to see the new radio though.

im not impressed with the ftm-350ar replacement.... wish i had some $ on hand to pick up another on for the house.
I wish those folks that are unhappy with their 350's would get them up on eBay for reasonable prices so they wouldn't have to be saddled with disappointment. I'd add another one or two to my collection so I could gripe about it. :)

My 350 has been great. No issues and run it with aprs almost whenever truck is running.

Henry
Wired Installation LLC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.