• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350AR Personal review

May 9, 2011
Costa Rica
Dear Friends,

My name is Adrian Ramirez and I am from Costa Rica.

First, I will like to apologize if my english is a little confussing. It is not my native language.

I own a Yaesu FTM 350 AR and I got it about a month ago.

I will like to pass over you a couple of things that drove me crazy that may be of your help. If I know anythign else, I will update the post.

1- Cross Band Repeater. Impossible to set up. Special menu Item 11, pushed the band botton and only got two beeps. Well, I read somewhere that I must turn the Modem of the APRS off. So I did and then I was able to set up the cross band repeater. No where in the manuals tell you this.

2- Single Band Mode. Pain in the neck. Until I read somewhere that I must press the fwrd or back button more than a second.

3- On the microphone, the asterixc (*) and pound (#) buttons let you change to either the left or right band for tansmission.

So far, this is what I have learned that I have not seen in the manual.

I hope it helps some one.

Regards from Costa Rica.

Adrian

Thankyou for the info,yeasue radios are a bear to program.I think they make them that way to sell the cd and cable.I have a 2800m its a bear.Now my Kenwood tm261 is a breeze.73s hope to hear you on...de JW

Hello Mr. n0zna,

You are welcome and thank for your comment. Here in Costa Rica some people say that Yaesu FT 2800 have a driver problem. I have no idea what they are talking about.!!! Anyway, a lot of my friends on the radio do not know a thing about them but everyone talks like if they were masters. I love it!!! it is so funny. This is my email address if you ever want some info about my country. I am a tour guide. adriancostarica@hotmail.com (y)

saludos

Y bien venido al forunculo. Hope I got that right Adrian. I have taken advantage of some spanish classes a long time ago and try to practice it when i can.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated