• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-400D

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
Just thought I would say that it was very stupid of Yaesu to discontinue the FTM-350AR before the FTM-400D was available to purchase.

**Jump_im**

It makes you wonder if they found a really bad problem and they wanted it off the market fast to minimize potential future warranty work.

Probably done to prevent canabalizing of sales to the new units by those marking down discontiued older units. I dont do any data modes so its a bit much for a duel band radio for me. The new ft 400 sure looks nice but sounds like another all new digital format forgoing dstar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I don't understand this move from a marketing stand-point, either. For me, Yaesu seems a little lost right now trying to forge a direction. They are introducing two new digital radios without any accompanying repeater support. At the same time, they're retiring a fairly well selling mobile (FTM-350). I wonder if Yaesu is going through some type of internal identity problem as a result of their split from Motorola?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?