• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu Low output power.

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
I have a Yaesu ft-102 Transceiver. It has the AM/FM Board installed. The trouble I am having is on AM with low transmit output power. Yes, it is on 11 meters. On SSB after tuning up on transmit I am seeing 100 watts output according to the manual is right. When I am on AM I have my carrier set at 20 watts with Modulation I am only getting 60 watts output? I have neutralized the 6146B tubes and also adjust T1005 in the RF unit for full output power on AM. I was thinking maybe the stock driver tube is weak? All tubes are original as far as I know. Any ideas where or what might be wrong would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Yaesu ft-102 Transceiver. It has the AM/FM Board installed. The trouble I am having is on AM with low transmit output power. Yes, it is on 11 meters. On SSB after tuning up on transmit I am seeing 100 watts output according to the manual is right. When I am on AM I have my carrier set at 20 watts with Modulation I am only getting 60 watts output? I have neutralized the 6146B tubes and also adjust T1005 in the RF unit for full output power on AM. I was thinking maybe the stock driver tube is weak? All tubes are original as far as I know. Any ideas where or what might be wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using a True PEAK Reading wattmeter? Most CB wattmeters do Not have a PEP Reading circuit so you are not getting a True Peak reading.If the wattmeter does not have a power source that feeds the Peak Reading Circuit not just a Light then it's Not reading True Peak output.

SIX-SHOOTER

Hello Six, Yes I have a peak meter. I was just now trying to tweak the radio and got to where if I go 40 watts on the carrier I can almost get 100 watts output. In my other 102's I never had trouble with a 20 watt carrier reaching 100 watts or over with modulation. I think maybe it might just need an alignment? The sad part about that is Not sure who I would find to do the job? I live in Waynesboro pa and there is no one even close by but maybe Mike's repair over in Adams county. I don't think he is doing repairs from his last video I saw on youtube?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.