• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu MD-100A8X question

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
About 6 years ago I bought a Yaesu FT-897D , and I got the Yaesu MD-100A8X to go with it . Up until recently , it's been working fine . But out of nowhere my equipment started acting up , frequency's locking up , not always keying up , channels not rotating ... all sort of odd stuff . At first I thought it was the radio , but then I took the MD-100A8X off , and put the 897's stock mic on it , and now it's working fine .

Nothing happened to the mic , it wasn't dropped , and nothing was spilled on it . It doesn't make sense why it just started acting up for no reason . So I was wondering if anyone else here experienced anything like this with their MD-100A8X ?

If so , is it an easy fix ? I'd really like to have the MD-100A8X hooked back up.

those RJ45 mic connectors are known for that...try cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser...and reseat the connectors on the mic/radio...see if that helps.
Those computer type connectors get pulled one direction or other and they go flipp'n crazy...must be pushed straight in with no strain on them.
GL luck
All the Best
Gary

PS: had one of those on my FT-450D...for about 2 months...Sorry GONE...got a Heil RJ45 to standard 8 pin Yaesu cable and run a Heil mic on it...taped that adaptor down to the bench so it would not move!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb and Raccoon
I got couple mic cords so stiff you can pull radio before cord streches. That plays heck on the sorry modular phone plug.i hook last coil on each end of cord n pull it out about 3 ft,then run wifes hair drier up n down the cord never stopping but keep moving.when cord feels pretty warm quit n let cord stay streched an hour or 2.that helps.
I bought some cheep chinese cords from fleabay n they are flexable n fit plug in radio much tighter than oem
I threaten to change all modular ends to screw on ends

Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated