• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu MH-48 Help??????

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Well got home to use the FTM350AR and my mic element is DEAD. WTF? so i checked continuity from elemtn to solder pad etc all functions work EXCEPT audio from the mic. :censored:

Can anyone help me with this issue please? or should i just buy a new mic? and is a $20 mic ok from china because i just spent some $$$:thumbdown::headbang:censored:

Last edited:

Are you sure the element is open? How did you check it? Is the element getting the requires voltage to it? Is the series decoupling capacitor C5003 open? It is an electret element and requires power to operate and generally shows a very high impedance when checked with an ohmmeter. See the schematic below.

mh48schematic.jpg

Are you sure the element is open? How did you check it? Is the element getting the requires voltage to it? Is the series decoupling capacitor C5003 open? It is an electret element and requires power to operate and generally shows a very high impedance when checked with an ohmmeter. See the schematic below.

mh48schematic.jpg

Ill have a look at that schematic than trouble shoot the circuit. thanks CK for the schema!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.