• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu microphone to Kenwood up/down buttons question

Flatop

Apr 12, 2019
If I wire a Yaesu FT DX 1200 microphone to a Kenwood TS 480, will the up and down channel buttons work as they should? That is, do the circuits work in the same way by grounding the pins or what ever?
Thanks.

If I wire a Yaesu FT DX 1200 microphone to a Kenwood TS 480, will the up and down channel buttons work as they should? That is, do the circuits work in the same way by grounding the pins or what ever?
Thanks.

I "think" it will. I have a Yaesu MD-200 microphone that I used with my FT-991A. After selling it I wired it for my Kenwood Ts-2000 and up/down works with it.

I wired a kenmore mc60 microphone to a ftdx1200 and the buttons work. I have an kenmore to yaesu adapter to use it with my tm-v71a and the buttons work for it also. I think you're good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.