• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu vx-170

Couple of the locals have them, they are very solid and have nice loud receive audio. I like them, similar solid feel to the FT60 dual-band

Ive got a couple 800s and a 920. I am very impressed with the quality of them. I use one of the 800s strictly for fire ops. It beats our kenwoods and /\/\ radios to shreds. One night I had the radio fall out of my pocket into the dump tank and get completely submerged. I picked it up and it worked flawlessly the rest of the night even though the lapel mic was full of water. That really sold me on the Vertex Land mobile radios. I know its not a /\/\ but I have owned and used several of them and never been happy with them. Just personal preferance

I got one and it is very good so far. great audio and great reports on the air.

The antenna must be pretty good as I am getting into a repeater 45 miles away on 2 watts. I even get in on 500 mw but not quiet.

You will like it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.