• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-7r

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Just purchased one and have some questions about the HT.

"You also get 1 Watt of carrier power on the 50 MHz band".
Is that AM power? I did not know AM was permitted on 6meters:confused:

What's the HIGHEST CAP battery i can purchase for this HT? I bought the AA cell holder Cause i hate waiting for lithium ions to charge up slooow:headbang

SU-1 Microchip..what exactly would i need this for? I have a few alt meters is that what this does? am i missing out on anything if i don't purchase it?

Um...How to get to monoband operation...:confused:

OH, SOFTWARE MOD?
Can someone explain that to me, as i have never heard of this type of mod before.(I purchased ADMS software with HT).

That's all the Q's for now.(y)

Why is the speaker so quiet on the HT? My THF6 is 10x louder... :( i am disappointed. Can barley hear it even at full volume

I will try to answer some of this for you.

I believe the radio does 1 watt Am and 5 watts Fm.
The standard LiIon battery should charge in a couple hours. You do not and will not have full power output using that battery adapter. They simply do not have enough power.
The SU-1 microchip is a accessory that shows some weather conditions. I find no need for it.
Press "VM" button on bottom right and press "Band" to toggle to the frequency range desired.
Software mod is to enable Mars/Cap frequency extension without changing the soldered jumper settings inside. This is available free from the link here:
VX-7 Commander
This is great software that I use for my VX7R and Wouxun radios. He does accept donations for his work. I did.

Also you can increase your volume a bit by running in narrow band in your software settings.

Hope that helped.

Doug

KD8NMZ

I will try to answer some of this for you.

I believe the radio does 1 watt Am and 5 watts Fm.
The standard LiIon battery should charge in a couple hours. You do not and will not have full power output using that battery adapter. They simply do not have enough power.
The SU-1 microchip is a accessory that shows some weather conditions. I find no need for it.
Press "VM" button on bottom right and press "Band" to toggle to the frequency range desired.
Software mod is to enable Mars/Cap frequency extension without changing the soldered jumper settings inside. This is available free from the link here:
VX-7 Commander
This is great software that I use for my VX7R and Wouxun radios. He does accept donations for his work. I did.

Also you can increase your volume a bit by running in narrow band in your software settings.

Hope that helped.

Doug

KD8NMZ

Thanks got most of it Figured out.
One thing i absolutely hate is the belt clip! i am going to try to make one later this week.
Was able to get into the hidden menu system and adjust audio MAX DEV on each band and it cleaned up my transmit audio without making it a HOT mic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.