• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-8GR Alignment Procedure

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
For all of the do-it-yourself types, here is the alignment procedure for the Yaesu VX-8GR. It's interesting that you can do the whole thing through the menu system once the proper test equipment is hooked up.

Attachments

• vx-8g alignment.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 265

I had this file, but when I tried it I could not get into the alignment menu.

Someone sent me another version of these instructions, which included some extra steps. You have to enter a password into the CW ID menu field before you can get into the alignment menu. Unfortunately I lost these instructions.

Does anyone have a copy containing the procedure to get into the alignment menu that works?

Julian,

I've been trying to figure out the same thing myself. I got these instructions but never have been able to figure out how to actually get into the alignment menu. If you figure it out, be sure to let us know.

Have you tried "AH041M" as the password?

Edited to add: Sorry... I see now where Julian had previously tried that. Disregard!

Service menu and unlock for VX-8E

The following document it's only for the Europeans models not for US models.
I hope it’s helps a lot

Elias-Greece

Attachments

• VX-8E unlock .pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 522
  • _VX8 Alignment.pdf
    420.5 KB · Views: 172

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.