• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-8gr FCC Report & User Manual

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
The new Yaesu VX-8Gr has been approved by the FCC. The test report and user manual is attached so you can get a preview of it's functionality and features.

Attachments

• fcc test report.pdf
    369.4 KB · Views: 297
  • vx-8gr manual.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 460
Reactions: 1 person

Any word on MSRP? Last I read in the other post about the GR was in the $440 neighborhood, which is ridiculous for what you don't get. I just ordered the speaker mic/GPS module for my 8R and am very happy with its performance so far. Not sure who they are trying to target with a higher priced, stripped down model.

PS - Moleculo, thanks for your detailed reviews of the VX-8R. I bought mine based largely on your reviews and ended up joining this forum (after lurking for quite some time).

Yep, Universal Radio is selling them for $440. I don't get the price on this, either. I want to get one of these new VX-8Gr's to review, but I'm not sure it's worth it at that price. We'll see...

$429 from HRO (vs. $471 for an 8R with the GPS module and adapter). I would like to see a side-by-side comparison review between it and the standard 8R, but I don't think that the price is reasonable.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.