• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YAGI 5 ELEMENT or QUAD 5 ELEMENT

I run a old hi-gain big gun quad. It's a monster. Put it up at 60 ft. about 9 years ago and it has never been back down.I live in northwest ohio so i get the ice, snow and wind.I have ran the moonrakers, wilson's and even a A/S big daddy. I believe the noise floor on the quad is much more quiet and i hear mobiles out there that the yagi's can't. But this is like the ford verses chevy debate. Is all what works for you.
ive also heard the quads are quieter than yagis. this alone might be worth it to say quad over a yagi.simply if ya can hear them ya cant talk to them.id rather have good ears

quad vs. yagi... really for local talk, I think if that's all I was interested in I would rather just go with a 5/8 ground plane...that way you will catch traffic from all angles and not have to keep turning the house around to talk to locals.

Whatever you do, don't you dare believe the ops who have had both and will NEVER go back to a Yagi.
They must be crazy, mistaken or dreaming.
There's a bunch of people who can spout their maths about how there's no significant difference, so don't even imagine the Quad is significantly better, let alone a "Night & day difference"...
Nope, us Quad converts must be just plain loopie. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.