• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaseu FTDX-1200 anyone?

RatsoW8

Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T
Nov 3, 2009
West Central Michigan
The FTDX-1200 is looking like my next HF rig choice. I would order the rig and the FFT-1 add-on board for AF-FFT Scope functions. I was curious if anyone here has one and how it's working for you.

Attachments

• 1200lrg.jpg
    1200lrg.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: 1 person

ftdx-1200

I have one. The receive is great excellent transmit audio. The display is very nice.One big disappointment is that to switch modes you have just one button, On my FT-950 you have a separate button for all modes. Overall it's a good radio.

Reactions: 1 person
Overkill? I don't think so. Maybe a little more confusing for a first time user, but nothing some reading of the manual and a few questions on your friendly WWDX forum can't solve. If you can afford it and you're pretty sure you'll spend enough time on HF to make it worth your while, nothing wrong with starting off with good gear rather than buying something basic then upgrading when you crave more. Buy once, cry once!

Dont see any difference in the old days a novice having a transmitter and a rec,relays antenna tuner.The radios are menu based and if you can program a vcr/dvd you can run them.Its a appliance radio now.Not like a ts520 or ft101.

I say go for it. It is one of the best radios i have ever owned.

I started out as a novice in 1983 with a brand new FT-102.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.