• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeasu FT 920 receive problem

jc4950

May 16, 2005
NJ Trooper
Hello Guys, I'm posting this thread here looking for some help. I am posting this for a friend of mine. He has a Yeasu FT-920 and the receive is very weak on all bands. The radio will only receive very close incoming signals. I asked him if the receive was ever overloaded and he said no. I am just guessing that the front end receive has been damaged. I don't own a 920 but I do have the radio at my station now. Thanks for the help. Joe 2AT054

Is he aware that there are three possible antenna jacks on receive? When I had mine, it was a head scratcher the first time I bumped the button and had no receive on 75m only to discover it was on the B jack which was connected to the 6m loop. There is a separate RX jack but it has its own selection button.

Also, check the RF gain control--maximum sensitivity is when it is in the full clockwise position and the RF attenuator allows 6 to 18 dB of attenuation in three steps.

Those are the easy checks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.