• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yeasu ft757gx2 and Heath sba 1400 power supply

I sold that same radio a couple years ago, it was in very fine condition. I had everything with it, manual, cord, mic and even the original box.

I got $275 for it.

The 757 GXII is a good radio. It is the older brother to the Yaesu FT-890AT. (even has the same case with the large heatsink) I had a couple of the 757's several years ago
and they worked just fine. I saw one at a hamfest yesterday for $350. And I imagine
that the seller would have took less. $250-$300 is fair to pay for one in good, working
condition. As for the power supply, I'm not familiar with it. If it will deliver at least 25-30 amps with no problems, then it should be fine with the 757.
So, if you can get both for $350 or so, (or even less if you're lucky) then it is a good
way to get started out on the cheap. Then, all you need is an antenna. A fan dipole for the bands you wish to use or a single dipole cut for the lowest band you plan to use and a good antenna tuner (manual or automatic) and your good to go!
trucker

That radio is worth about $250.00 - $350.00 if it were in excellent to mint condition but there you are also looking at it already having the upgrades done. As far as the power supply I would have to say $75.00 - $100.00 again if this was in escellent to mint condition.

Sounds like I got a great deal. I gave alot less than 250 for it. I do have to find a mic. It has a d104 but was setting and the battery went bad and messed up the battery connection. Easy fix but I need a mic for ssb.

If you can get a stock MIC MH-1B8 or Yaesu MD-1 Desk Microphone for base use they sound good on SSB Otherwise find a Shure 444 non amplified desk microphone also the Shure 526T Microphones work well also Non amplified Astatic would be a good choice.

I have a shure 444 so I will get it wired for the radio. Is the plug pretty standard and does anyone know how it is wired? Tried it out on 385 and it worked great. Going to get a tuner. Anyone know of a good one that will handle 300 watts or so? How are the mfjs. Im sure ther are better but are the good enough to be easy on the radio? Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.

MrC: Glad it's working out for you.
If you have not done so already couple things:
Download the complete manual(if you did not get one w/purchase)
Same for service manual....look for any Tech Bulletins issued...

The 444, I agree should be a good choice for a mic....

Yes: you should check how it is wired....(You could give it the old college try) but I would check first...
I keep a 444/M version around for my old "Kenmore's" and "Ducks"....

Tuner: First Q: what do you plan on tuning(antenna type)
...............(What bands do you plan to use this antenna?)....

I will recommend you look past anything not rated for at least 500w/pep....
Good Used ones like:
Dentron....Super Tuner....MT-2000/3000....
Heathkit: 2040....2060

Amp Supply...(New Dentron) made some nice ones....
But honestly they're not that hard to build, once you figure out, it's place in your station....
Enjoy
All the Best
BJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.