• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yet another puzzling E-Bay Auction

Sorry to have avoided the actual topic of the thread, it wasn't intentional. I agree with you, it's not possible to refurbish a transistor.. I wonder about the sellers, and whether they might have cleaned them up or if they just felt that "refurbished" was a better description (or more appealing).. either way it is inaccurate.

I've never heard of rfg, so they could be completely empty inside for all we know.. I wasn't even taking fake into consideration.

Hummmm I wonder why all of there auctions are listed as "private" ?
Used ?
Do you guy`s think they are selling used Transistor`s as "Manufacturer refurbished"
Has anyone wondered how one might go about "refurbishing" a solid state device?
I know the the Chinese have tiny little fingers....maybe they have tiny little soldering Irons?
WoW
And I threw away all of those 2879`s that I burnt up back in the early 80`s and All I had to do was re-build them....or should I say Refurbish?
Hey, any of you guys got any blown up transistor laying around that I can have....my 401-K needs to be padded a bit.
things that make you go hummmmmmmmmm.

Jeff

( starting to smell a little fishie )

Your brand of humor is wasted here, you ever considered stand up?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.