• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima MKIII Mobile Mounting Caddy 2004 Deville

Dave514

Feb 19, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ.
My 2510, now toast, was hump floor mounted. At age 81, I couldn't see squat.

I see two possibilities, a MMI00I 9" high hump mount with a swivel radio mount atop from IIX EQUIPMENT LTD see at IIX EQUIPMENT LTD. select Page Five or a coffee cup holder mount. I have no source for the latter.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Thanks, I checked out the coffee cup radio mount. I'm not sure it'll hold the radio bracket plus a three pound radio. I'll have to call them in the New Year, thanks anyway.

I don't know how tall you are, but is it feasible to mount it overhead between the visors? Just a thought!

Additionally, while not very practical.... you could consider a different rig. Specifically, the RCI 2950DX with the black background/green LED readout. That display is very "readable", and the numbers are larger than the readout on the Optima.

RT307

Not to derail the topic, but m42duster's links ought to be a sticky somewhere. Those sites are very helpful, and apply to the amateurs, scanner guys, and CB'ers alike. Good stuff!

RT307

My 2510, now toast, was hump floor mounted. At age 81, I couldn't see squat.

I see two possibilities, a MMI00I 9" high hump mount with a swivel radio mount atop from IIX EQUIPMENT LTD see at IIX EQUIPMENT LTD. select Page Five or a coffee cup holder mount. I have no source for the latter.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks
Please check out these folks products.

PanaVise Products, Inc.

I'm confident you'll see something interesting there.

Geoff S.

I'm 6' 3" so the back on my seat is inclined way back making me even further from the floor hump mount. Changing the rig for larger numbers is not a viable option as it violates my radio selection criteria.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.