• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yota's Amps

i generally bump heads with yota . but since these class c amps are mostly copies of copies with little changes , at least hes trying to copy a good one .

There are a couple of pic's of two of my amps in there! There actually called Bully Box's, but in the pics there called Widow Makers...mainly because the builder couldn't make up his mind on a name at the time...

i generally bump heads with yota . but since these class c amps are mostly copies of copies with little changes , at least hes trying to copy a good one .

I always had this theory, if you need pictures of something electronic to build it then you were not meant to be building electronics, like if you need a book with pictures and no writing you were not meant to be reading. When a schematic is easy to read and you can actually understand what a circuit does, I mean to the point where you can read the specs of other parts and think "hey, I can build a better version of this using a PNP transistor instead of the NPN that is being used now, or visualize how a transformer would really look on paper or work for that matter, then you have what it takes to tinker with electronics. If you have to look into another amplifier everytime you do something different you really should take up building bird houses because at least they will not burn your eyes with RF or bleed on everything in the RF spectrum. I dig when someone has heart and passion for doing anything but when it is RF amplifiers and the people trying to build them will not listen to advice about reading, soaking up, reading, soaking up and taking in every bit of knowledge that is out there then I have nothing for them. I cannot count the times where people had questions about building amplifiers like this "I would love to build amplifiers for myself but I would never sell them to others" The minute they get one to move a wattmeter it is for sale so they could buy more parts to build a bigger one. Funny thing is that there was probably someone thinking the same thing about me when I started doing it:D

There are a couple of pic's of two of my amps in there! There actually called Bully Box's, but in the pics there called Widow Makers...mainly because the builder couldn't make up his mind on a name at the time...

I thought the bully box "like mickey mouse ran" were built by Bill and the widow makers were built by chad although they were exactly the same amplifier down to the pee green wire used in the input and output transformers :) . Traders village rings a bell to me.

Well.....Looks like I am the topic again....Thanks Booty.....But I have always love Boo's amps....I even have a dave made I sent him that he made into a 12 pill for me with switchable ab-1 and c on a switch....Think you remeber steve.

On the combiners, I think they are one of the best ones....takes more time to do them but I like them. Thanks for saying I am coping a good one.

I was building for my self and some locals here in boston area only and never sold one of my amps outside of mass.....I just started to sell only a few outside mass....But I only build like 2-3 amps a month...hardly to be noticed.

As far as coping...not really....I did in the past..to know what to order...But I have over 10 Jokers here...and most have all the #'s taken off...As far as his ab-1.....again...he has scratched it all off...and I really dont have time for it..

Some of my amps I bought from steve...I paid for up front..like all do...but never saw them till..like 6- months later....long time for a amp..

But people say..my amps are like Boo's...Yay for me....Steve...you spent many of time on the phone with me and devlin like in 1999-2000, dont know if you remeber...same time you and fred "twister" where going to gointo buisness together...and think you got burned...

But I still build the same way....I may use Boo's design, use his combiner system..but why not...its awesome....

since then...I have a degree from MIT in Electrical engineering ....so I have done some fair reading...

But I guess some hate me o-well....Some even hated Boo some time ago also. and Im sure he knows the reasons...mainly time....

But....thanks for thinking of me....and now for the link posting I have over 10,000 people hitting my sire each week...Thanks Booty...I owe ya..

Well.....Looks like I am the topic again....Thanks Booty.....But I have always love Boo's amps....I even have a dave made I sent him that he made into a 12 pill for me with switchable ab-1 and c on a switch....Think you remeber steve.

On the combiners, I think they are one of the best ones....takes more time to do them but I like them. Thanks for saying I am coping a good one.

I was building for my self and some locals here in boston area only and never sold one of my amps outside of mass.....I just started to sell only a few outside mass....But I only build like 2-3 amps a month...hardly to be noticed.

As far as coping...not really....I did in the past..to know what to order...But I have over 10 Jokers here...and most have all the #'s taken off...As far as his ab-1.....again...he has scratched it all off...and I really dont have time for it..

Some of my amps I bought from steve...I paid for up front..like all do...but never saw them till..like 6- months later....long time for a amp..

But people say..my amps are like Boo's...Yay for me....Steve...you spent many of time on the phone with me and devlin like in 1999-2000, dont know if you remeber...same time you and fred "twister" where going to gointo buisness together...and think you got burned...

But I still build the same way....I may use Boo's design, use his combiner system..but why not...its awesome....

since then...I have a degree from MIT in Electrical engineering ....so I have done some fair reading...

But I guess some hate me o-well....Some even hated Boo some time ago also. and Im sure he knows the reasons...mainly time....

But....thanks for thinking of me....and now for the link posting I have over 10,000 people hitting my sire each week...Thanks Booty...I owe ya..

Yeah you're an ultimate fighter also and even threatened to kick my ass.lol

youre most welcome yota :)
you know me...................
always spreading love , peace and happiness ;)

I remember the phone calls. I remember getting completely overwhelmed with building people amplifiers and getting way behind. I remember people sending me money to build them stuff even after I said I was way behind. I would get the "take your time I do not mind waiting" That is the reason I took such a break. I have a passion for this type of stuff but I was not going to screw people over and run my "hobby" into the ground for an extra buck. I never quit the RF projects I just did it for myself and did a lot of experimenting. I did take about 6 month break but that was it. As far as me and someone going in business together or me getting burned, I have no idea what you are talking about there? This never happened. I still feel I have the capabilities to build one of the best amplifiers for this market I just choose to not let it get out of hand like it did before. I am far to meticulous to mass produce anything and that was what the market was after when I was doing this stuff on a larger scale.
The phone calls I had with you and Devlin were always the same thing. "we do not want to build them to sell them, we just want to build them for ourselves"
I just feel that if someone is going to sell an RF amplifier to the public they should be able to really understand the concept and how the circuit works, not just photo copy it or take ideas from other designs, put them all together until it works. There is a lot going on that you cannot see with dumping some cash into the proper test equipment. 1 1/2" transformers in the 6 pill you have (been there done that) do not be fooled by what you see;)
And the bias is AB, not AB-1

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.