• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

You don't see this every day.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
I went into town today and what did I see sitting in the tidal river but a church.This move has been a long time coming and finally came to fruition today.You might say the new owners are planning on turning (holy) water into wine. :laugh:

Here is the story in the newspaper.

Church taking water to wine - NovaScotia - TheChronicleHerald.ca

I took these shots at about 11:00am today. The barge was waiting for higher tide to finish the few miles up the river to Newport Landing to off load.

290sg.jpg

I couldn't get any closer as the wharf is closed to the public now. A young girl was killed earlier this year when the car she was a passenger in came down the hill and onto the wharf too fast and plunged about 25 feet into the water. When the tide is in full there is nearly 40 feet of water here and when it is out there is nothing at the base of the wharf. I was about 200 feet from the edge of the wharf.

279sd.jpg

282so.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.