• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

You get what you pay for

Mark Malcomb

Nov 27, 2019
Just bought a D104 on ebay, My bid was the only one. (hmm) I did not notice it was a G stand. I just wanted a potential crystal element. Well crap, What a surprise, The 5 pin jack is weird and dont fit my Washington.
Yes it has a 3 TB circuit board in it. It has a battery, And what I read it's a non amplified mic.Why the battery? it's Got red, black, white,blue , and shield. I dont know how to wire this to my radio. Got so disgusted I haven't even checked the head to see
what element it has......A bit confused gentleman, Any guidance would be gold to me......Thanks guys, you're the best!!!!!! MM

Reactions: walterjn

Screenshot_20200222-095057_1582393872592.png Screenshot_20200222-095057_1582393872592.png
Here, try this. Shamelessly screenshot/ stolen from another thread here a month ago to help myself wire a d104 for a buddy & his cobra...

Mark, i think the mic you got was cobbled together from a few different D104s.

the switch is up in the handle. best to just take the whole thing apart, and put it back together nice and neatly after cleaning the contacts on the switch.

replace the electrolytic cap on the amp board and clean the pot.
could be fun!
LC

Yep, It is another Frankenstien, The dumb switch is in the way of the circuit board, I trashed it. I stripped every wire of the amp and terminal board, and well documented
all. No wires from the stand match any color code on all my schematics. They used band aides for shrink tube, Hey its a project, I will put a cool emblem in that stupid hole for the switch. As you see it has a old crystal element which worked on another stand. Maybe it was worth the 30 bucks. Couldn't get a radio check, its dead today. I'll talk you around 2:30...........Later Matt

Reactions: Tokin
Thanks guys, After a dozen beers I did rip this mic apart, Wow it has an original crystal
element, I plugged the head on another stand and wow it works.. Maybe it was worth the 30 bucks. I can salvage the stand, the meathead who wired it had pinched every wire from the cable. Stripped it back enough for fresh wire, I got a bit smaller cable. Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.........MM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.