• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

zachart t burnt part (help)

panama

Apr 6, 2005
IOWA
home.mchsi.com
does anyone know if this burnt stuff on right side of pic will cause radio to not transmit or recieve duh must be but is it a easy fix(how)?? and how much you think to fix? thank you!!
site1166.jpg

Them are deffinately burnt. How did that happen you need to figure out what caused it before repairing or it will happen again. Usually over voltage or a short circut will do this and usually is an end result of other part failure so it needs to be looked at to determined by trouble shooting to figure out why it happened to begin with that looks to be on the power supply side of the chassis that deffinately got hot Justin is good with these in the communication expert forum or at Communication Experts 951-680-0618..

that looks to be the power supply section .doesnt it have a 12 volt plug in the back as well??if it does hook it to a power supply and see if it still works that way ....i,ll bet it does

broken

radio powers up fine ac or dc but no recieve or out put seems to key according to the red green light but no out put. that burnt area gets real hot real fast when i hold key down
radio was given to me in this shape so im not sure what happened to it????????

AC/DC transformer is bad. Seen a bunch of these in base radio's. I've got a bunch of radio's that work great on DC power, but I can't find the right transformer to fix the AC side.

Paintman said:
AC/DC transformer is bad. Seen a bunch of these in base radio's. I've got a bunch of radio's that work great on DC power, but I can't find the right transformer to fix the AC side.

His last post said it powers up fine, so the transformer is apparently ok. However, the burnt parts definitely indicate a past, if not present, problem. As for the TX and RX both being out, I'd suspect either a problem with the power supply/regulator section on the main circuit board, or something amiss in the PLL/VCO (synthesizer) section. This will almost definitely need to be serviced on a tech bench someplace.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.