• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Completely new to CB, lots of questions

Near the rear, about two feet below the roofline. There's already a mount there, I'm just going to replace it(it's in bad shape) so I don't have to put more holes in the body somewhere else.

Heh, I've read just about everything I needed to in those help documents. Thanks though.

Also, they have NO information on that ball mount that I can find... I think I'll just order the antenna, the mount and the spring, then just get what I need for the coax after I see the mount.

Yeah that would be the best way to go. You might want to even check some truck stops in your area for the mount to see if they have but if all else fails the fat ladies will sell you one! :LOL:

For

For the new guys. "Channels" is a popular, but highly illegal thing that CBers quickly get into. Just one word of caution.
If you get one of those 'export' radios like Galaxy or Connex, be SURE to know where you are transmitting. Some of these "bands" of channels will put you right smack in the Amateur bands (24-28 MHZ). These bands are NOT part of any CB or "free" band. If you are heard, the licensed users of such frequencies will turn you in--or if they are in your local area, track you THEN turn you over to FCC. Contrary to popular CB myth, if you tread on licensed "channels', the Feds WILL cite you-or FINE you if you persist in talking there. Not to be mean, just to make you aware!

CWM

na you have to have it modified for those channels. Well tomorrow im gonna go get the whip i ordered but wont be able to try it out till this week. Or maby later. :( But when i get it going it should scream! CDX197

I'm waiting on the radio. I haven't ordered any of the other stuff, though. I'm just taking it slow right now, since I have lots more to do with the vehicle it's going in.

I wouldn't really use it until I have my license anyway, and I don't even have a learner's permit, so there definitely isn't a rush. :LOL:

And in case you didn't know, I'm only 16 years old. ;)

Only 2 more months and I get to drive, my truck will be drove like a bad out of hell till i blow something then ill slow er down a notch :) J/k Should be getting my truck Sunday so i will install my subs in it first then take it to the neighbors garage and do some work :) Will have more watts in the system then i will ever have in cb amps. Should have over 2000 watts with the sterio system and only 700 watts with the cb :roll: But when i get everything going it will all be good. Will take pictures when everything is done. Later CDX197

The radio arrived today. I'll have to make a mounting bracket, but that shouldn't take too much work. I'll be gone over the weekend, though. I'm going to see what I can order when I get back.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.