• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

Is anybody selling these in the States yet? I don't seem to find them anywhere. Maybe nobody is willing to with the new Uniden and Stryker rigs just coming out?

RT307

Hey 2RT, I inquired about the same thing. When the CRT SS-6900 got here they were the version 4 of the Alpha radio, cobra 148 size chassis, really a cool radio, had all kind of toys and buttons to push for 199.99 on H&Y. The CRE 8900 seems to be the same kind of radio, smaller chassis but does all the same stuff the Alpha radio but I have seen prices over 300 in other markets, well let me tell ya there is no way I would pay that even for the CRT SS6900. Personally I feel some retailers that do have them will price gouge at first to try to get them on the market. Just my 2 cents, I expected them to sell in the 199 to 225 range not 339 or more.

The features and size are what interest me most. I have a Magnum 257HP that works great, but I have been getting the itch to buy something new. Would consider the CRE if it was in the price range of the Magnum.

Now I'm looking at the Uniden 980 if I can add channels to it (for a travel rig in rental cars), and actually considering the new Stryker 955HPC, too. :laugh: I will have to sell off some rigs to pull this off with the wife though!

RT307

2RT I will say I have run the gammet with all the new stuff lately and for the last say maybe 10 years, that Magnum 257 is a great radio, does it all and in a small chassis. I bought 2 or those Yeticom Optima ones and love them too. So really if your looking for something new for the mobile with a small chassis after all the toys I have had the Optima is my first choice followed close by is the 257. I had a conversation with Sam Lewis last week he said a new load of 257HP radios should get here this week for sale so look around. Just my opinion and we both know opinions are just like butt holes we all have one

Yes, like I said I have the 257HP and like it. Probably should just keep using it and be happy, but again... getting the itch to buy a new rig.

So far, Yeticom is the only place I have found the CRE online.

yeticomnz.com

350 bucks plus shipping! Owwwwwwww.

As far as the Stryker goes, that one would go in my pickup.

RT307

I have a 2510 since the first month it was available, it still works fine.

I need some input. I was thinking of either added a TNT 350HD or buying a CRE 8900 and adding the TNT 350HD.

What say you all?

Thanks

great combo 2510 and the tnt350 i run that combo for my bedroom set up and also in a mobile. talk all over the world on SSB if i hear it i can talk to it. seeing 350 plus watts pep. 2510 are sweet radios and drive amps soosoo sweet

I'm going to be sending my 2510 to Doc for a major tune up. They say he's the best with all Unidens. I'm told by others who had it had that it comes back as a real screamer.

I'm going to be sending my 2510 to Doc for a major tune up. They say he's the best with all Unidens. I'm told by others who had it had that it comes back as a real screamer.

He is the best of the best when it comes to hr2510s & hr2600s.(y)

Reactions: 2 people
I know I've read about speculation that this radio was made by Alinco, looks like it's true. I tried to see if this had been posted here already, but couldn't(so don't bash if it's a repost). Maybe I can find on these for less than the CRE.

The Alinco DR-135CB

Look familiar?
Alinco_DR-135CB.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I know I've read about speculation that this radio was made by Alinco, looks like it's true. I tried to see if this had been posted here already, but couldn't(so don't bash if it's a repost). Maybe I can find on these for less than the CRE.

The Alinco DR-135CB

Look familiar?
Alinco_DR-135CB.jpg

I want one too

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.