• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx today

Worked a few this morning....EU was open, many stations from England,Wales,Scotland,Bahrain! Missed him with the pileup, finding clear freqency was a chore? Also listened up 29.600 to some FM stations in the In the EU. This evening several pacific stations on Japan(multiple),Australia, Hawaii and west coast. Worked Hawaii made a few calls with no takers, called UA0LLF at a schedule we setup last nite but no contact. All in all today would have netted most all EU countries here if ya had worked at it. 10 and 12 both very good:D 73 to all good Dx

KH7DX 10m 28.519 SSB Stuart E Johnston
F4GBU 10m 28.519 SSB PATRICE
DR20CFT 10m 28.505 SSB Special Event Call 20 Years City-Friendship&Twinning Traunstein
OZ2PBS 10m 28.507 SSB Palle B. Soerensen
ON8DM 10m 28.385 SSB Mich Gevaert
DJ9OI 10m 28.365 SSB Hans Joachim Boehm
G3MXH 10m 28.527 SSB Terry DOWNING
EA3AR 10m 28.531 SSB JOSEP CARMONA GARCIA

10 was hot in my area all day....propagation forecast shows fair. I think Good,,
Multiple EU stations this morning and multiple pacific station this afternoon.
I'm really getting into the QRP operation....seems to add a bit of added challenge to the Dx. Worked several EU stations in England, Finland, France, Estonia, Bulgaria and Russia
This afternoon multiple Japan, Australia, Indonesia and eastern Russian stations.
Worked my first Korean station but QSB faded him to zero just as I was getting the confirmation,, :headbang
Most of these stations were 57 and better signal levels....this evening Japan and Australia was 57-9 after dark here.....must have been 10-15 Japanese operators working the USA. Boy Scout stations were working from Australia
Good Dx guys

Band condition have been great last couple days ....hope you guys are all getting strong dx contacts....band has been wide open here.....all day long....starts about 730am cst....close about 930 pm cst.......
All QRP 5 watt mobile contacts.....get on 10 or 12 both are very strong (y)(y) hope to hear you!

JW9JKA 10m 28.475 SSB Svein Rabbevag. Svalbard Island, Bear Island
CN2FB 10m 28.521 SSB Dmitri Gorshkov Morocco
EA4EUI 10m 28.540 SSB Francisco J. Moscatel Gonzalez Spain
JG1IWH 10m 28.505 SSB Japan
YB2DX 10m 28.468 SSB YOHANES BUDHIONO Indonesia
KD0WQN 10m 28.600 SSB CHRISTOPHER S ZOLNOWSKI USA
U2W0VOW 10m 28.606 SSB Beth Moore Wales
UR3HC 10m 28.435 SSB Alexander S. Nakonechny Ukraine
R7AW 10m 28.464 SSB Sergei G. Karabu. Russia
OH2LZC 10m 28.537 SSB Niko Arola Finland
DK8ZZ 10m 28.557 SSB Zrinko Zibert Germany
S52NR 10m 28.566 SSB Dusan Kostrevc Slovenia
CE1TT 10m 28.482 SSB SERGIO DUARTE Chile
MM0TFU 10m 28.355 SSB IAIN MACALISTER Scotland
FO4BM 10m 28.525 SSB Philippe GLOAGUEN French Polynesia

Got on 10m just for a minute and got Sergey UA0FO Sakhalin island, great signal 5/9+ to Ohio.

Heard plenty of JA and JH stations up and down the band, also Guam, Malaysia.

10m has been the best band lately for me, while 20m is down.

Philip

Great conditions tonight - Sun numbers way up.

On 20m got a new one IG9Y 2013-DXPED African Italy 5/9

Then 2 new ones for 10m:
ZM9ODX Auckland & Campbell Is. 5/8
HL3ERJ South Korea 5/9 (finally).

Many JA and JH again this evening.

Philip

Philip, Thanks for the heads up on Korea! He was workable from s Texas but no contact!!{Cry_river} keep an ear open this weekend for my 5 watt monster station....I'll need your zone!
10 still producing many good long range and rare contacts......many folks are getting ready for this weekend CQ worldwide contest. Worked an operator from Russia setup in Morocco in position for the contest! Now that's a serious operator 10 should produce many good ones during the weekend....48 hrs of good Dx and the bands look like it will be open also. I plan to work QRP on 10..... First contest **Jump_im**ever.? It will be a learning process and some good radio fun.....anyone else from the group going to be in the crowd??
Should be fun just to have folks wanting to make contacts rather than Swl'ing. 73 and good Dx

First contact to China BD2FW ....!! (y)(y) 15 meters
Also Turkmenistan EZ6ERS .......!! (y)(y) 20 meters
New ones for me......CQ contest has the world talking.... Not saying much but 5/9 ..?? But loads of are one out.....heard a couple of China operators tonite

Check out 10 if ya can stand the QRM with all the guys.....might work a new one! (y) 73 and good Dx

Worked the CQ contest Friday afternoon and Saturday. The bands were full of dx, contest stations from around the world working at a fever pase to add up the contact numbers, man those guys can call CQ and the station ID faster than I can think??! Amazed at the pileups being worked, and the operator skills.
My slow method of tuning and trying to work new countries works but to rack up the points seems you need to park on a freqency and start you now pileup. I was able to rack up almost 150,000 points.....239 contacts and worked about 70 countries with several new ones. My antenna was not efficient on 40 meters but if it had been Friday later in the nite it offered many new countries. I started to look at working all states but the Dx kept my focus. Ill post some numbers and results later.....I did have fun!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.