• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx today

Worked a JT1 Mongolia station this afternoon......with 5 watts and mobile. Was driving and not able to get the full call in my head!!! Was not sure the country during the Qso? First time....a new one missed due to traffic :cry:
Conditions have been up and down here.....the band closes early most days.
12 meters seems to stay open slightly later than 10. Anyone getting into rare Dx?? Areas. Happy New Year

Conditions seem to be down just a bit, just have to be more patient.
Was the Mongolia on 10m Garry? I worked a JT1DO April last year on 20m, hoping to hear on 10m or 11m.

Got couple new ones on 10m for me with 100w:
CE9/UA4WHX South Shetland Islands
7P8DJ Lesotho
C91B Mozambique

and on 11m:
197AT/0 Vanuatu

HNY
Philip

Yes the JT1 was on 10 meters....Beth and her husband are booming in here at times from Mozambique on 10-12....the pile up is bad! I've worked her a couple times from her home in the UK. The Russian guy UA4 has been on several island/dx expeditions I worked him a week or so back, not sure the island he was on at that time. he must run a full KW as his signal was extremely strong.
EU has been a little off here, and I haven't had time during the evenings to play radio much. Are you getting into Australia? Or the pacific? I need to start working more 20-40 meters ! Hopefully I'll be able to when I get my new mobile rig/antenna install finished!

Band was good today....the signals I heard were strong even though the prop forecast was not so good. Got better as the morning progressed.
Worked Senegal a new one for me....QRP as well! Made the morning, French operator F6IRS working from Senegal at 5/3.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.