• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx today

Sunspot number over 200.......10-12 are good! Worked a few stations this morning. Can't believe you guys have not bagged some new ones.
I did get one new one EA9KB. Ceuta North Africa.....lots of Africa on in fact...Angola,Cameroon with big pileups.
I'm going to check on 10 in just a few minute.....may be some s pacific Asia on now? Good luck

Finally got 92AT105 Mark - Sun mourning, good signal 5/5 to Ohio! Heard UAE but could not break the pile up on 11m.

Mostly contesting going on on 10/20m, did get into Guam and Republic of South Sudan on 10m - new ones for 10.
Swaziland coming in 10/17m also but could not break the huge pile up.

Philip

Got on this mourning before work and got 151SD103 Ameer with a 4/5 signal into Ohio - on 11m. Have heard Ameer for the past month, but today was the day!

On 20m heard XZ1J Myanmar and S21ZBC Bangladesh but could not break the pile up.

Philip

Phil......GREAT CONTACTS! Man conditions are good up north. 10 is a little off here, 20 is bad?? I hear more on 40?? Listen on 12 it has been very open here.

Got on 20m again this mourning around 7am - long path to VU3WIJ with a 5/6 to Ohio.

Conditions do seem down on 20/10m but still enough going on to keep me listening.

Swaziland again last night on 20m, no way - crazy pile up.

Garry, usually I listen to 40m in the mourning - all the local US qso's.
I do need to listen more to 15/12m.

Philip

Check 40 late at night....less rag chewers. I worked 15 countries on forty meters during the CQ contest couple weeks back in about 1 hr 45 minutes....it was good and my antenna was resonant on 10 meters only without the tuner. With my power level and less the stellar antenna system, if I Had planned to operate 40 and put up a wire or ? Antenna I think it might have netted more than 10 meters? (55countries). 12-15-17 have been open here, less it seems to me than a couple weeks ago but I've not been on as much. 20 seems weakest here.
Some of the rare expeditions are multi band operations...if I hear them on 10 Then I look for them on 12-15-17 many are on at the same times, the pile up seem smaller.
This morning as the sun came up so did Europe .... Noonish came S America Canada Iceland and the USA ....330 to 530 cst Japan , Alaska then a couple ZL-ZK. Japan was very strong....Australia New Zealand weak signals. No Tahiti or oceanic stations heard. Seems ZL-ZK guys should be stronger? I only listened on 10-12 no antenna. Yet for 15. Down.

Reactions: 1 person
Been hearing on 20m LP from India for the past 2 weeks 14.215 @7am.
VU3WIJ very nice 5/7 signals into Ohio, also other VU's below 14.200.

Did get a new one on 11m 312TRC011 Vasily with a 5/9 on Sat 10am.

Philip

Got some new ones on 11m Fri mourning, around 9am:
330AT112 Slovakia 5/9
331AT102 Bosnia,Herzegovina 5/8
308SD103 Kazakhstan 4/4

also Rob 43JDW211 long path Perth 5/9 @11am 2nd time with Rob.

Philip

Good ones philpoh ..... Have not been on much lately....listening now
Before I forget ....HAPPY THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS TO ALL, GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AS WELL AS A PROSPEROUS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. I hope you all work many new ones!!

Couple new ones from past weekend on 11m:

63DX002 5/8 St.Helena - also zd ham guy, got on 20m in Oct.
189RC/DX 5/7 Mayotte
119at014 5/5 Maderia Is.

Philip

Good ones...I listened for the Mayotte station but zzzzz! I did work Mozambique a new one for me. Up and down here, but ok.
Bought a new antenna been working on the mount and such.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.