• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EBAY SELLERS

That's the thing with estate stuff. As long as the item is okay I could care less about the box
There looks looks staining on the aluminum but a little shining up should have it new looking again. Got some aluminum airplane polish that would more than do the trick.

On second look it looks it may have been used. The base of the antenna looks scratched up, tarnished and worn.

On second look it looks it may have been used. The base of the antenna looks scratched up, tarnished and worn.

Which one?
The $179 one looks suspect for staining even though it's in a plastic bag.aybe another question to the seller would be in order. In the pic below there's dark looking stuff and I still don't lilt the darkness of the threads either.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 5
Ringo's are decent antennas, I can't comment on the 10meter one but my 2meter version is still going strong after 25 years. A lot of hams call them dummy loads with gain, I don't know they just work.

I think it was assembled and used for a short period of time. The parts bag also looks like it was opened and resealed (tied) by hand.

I agree. That can be used as a negotiation tool for a huge price reduction if all the parts are there and are in good condition.

Do you want to ask him and see if he'll bite?

I agree. That can be used as a negotiation tool for a huge price reduction if all the parts are there and are in good condition.

Do you want to ask him and see if he'll bite?

I'm not really interested in buying a Ringo. The Starduster is much more interesting but his price is too high.

dxChat
Help Users