• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EBAY SELLERS

BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

Reactions: pro151
They make hammers for that.

You don't get it. Not smashing the computer but beating head against it in frustration.

Meanwhile,back at the ranch,I have my latest acquisition >
http://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/tanfoglio-appeal-rifle/

See,that linky worked

And it didn't come from Ebay for a change. :D

They ALL worked. When you post an Ebay link it displays the article and some info about it not just a clickable link. Remember on the old site when you posted a Youtube link it displayed the video? Surely to God YOU would remember that. Same thing here with the Ebay linking. The fact you cannot see the Ebay stuff is all on your end.

Reactions: Mudfoot
You don't get it. Not smashing the computer but beating head against it in frustration.

They ALL worked. When you post an Ebay link it displays the article and some info about it not just a clickable link. Remember on the old site when you posted a Youtube link it displayed the video? Surely to God YOU would remember that. Same thing here with the Ebay linking. The fact you cannot see the Ebay stuff is all on your end.
It only occurs on this forum though. I was hoping you might have an answer for that. I can post ebay links on everywhere else and I can see it just fine. I just don't understand why I can't see it on my end on World Wide.

The average user does not have a clue what has to go on behind the scenes to keep a forum up and running. The endless hours spent by the owners and Admins to keep everything running smooth and correctly.

Reactions: Mudfoot
I think what's happening is when you post you link, the site's software connects to the link and lets ebay know it's been linked. in return ebay sends a flash realtime snapshot of the page to put in it's place.
iphone doesn't allow flash, so for you it disappears, for everyone else it's an interactive ad.
nothing you or the site administrators can do about it.

I think what's happening is when you post you link, the site's software connects to the link and lets ebay know it's been linked. in return ebay sends a flash realtime snapshot of the page to put in it's place.
iphone doesn't allow flash, so for you it disappears, for everyone else it's an interactive ad.
nothing you or the site administrators can do about it.
It happened I guess after WWDX changed. On every other forum I'm on I can see my links. Must not be optimized for iPhone.

Right turn...

Just had to mention this.

I don't sell much on eBay anymore so I decided to try Craigslist again. It's been a couple years maybe, but thought WTH. Biggest thing about Craigslist is, all the wierdo tire kickers. I mean, I've met some strange assed dudes, really really strange.

Well, the other day I listed my big ol' Palstar tuner. I got a call about 3 hours later from a normal sounding ham that lived 15 miles away, SOLD! Not only was he normal, but he was licensed in 1967 and I now have a new rag chewing buddy. I've also been welcomed by his morning rag chew buddies. They even venture on 6 meters, imagine that.

Tonight, I just sold my MFJ tuner to a new ham that just passed his general. The kid is a new pastor at a local church. Gained another local radio buddy. Kinda liking Craigslist now, but I'm still leary.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.