• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear Build

linearone said:
I fixed your image links bro, no problem, very good ideas on how to mark the pills so you can make the spaces in the board.. im likin it ALOT!

Hey bro,,,please PM me about how ya did them....I'm gonna need to know for the rest of the story...lol

And yes Adam,,,,this board is from Westgate.If ya remember thats where i told everyone to get them at.....I just thought it would be simple for most peep's that way...

Hey Bob,,,,dont let them give out all those secrets like that...lmao

rfpowerman 8)

Too all thos ewho were intrestied in the build...I am out of hospital now,,and will try to get the artical finished very soon...

Again my appoligies,,,but the wife dont know how to do it...lol..so there was nobody here to finish it up for ya'll....

I have many more planned for ya'll also....just hold on,,,and i'll get this one finished for ya.....

Also i would like to thank ya'll very much for not "Flamming" me over this delay in time...I do appologize,,,and as long as my heart holds up,,,we'll be just fine....second attach now,,and dont want the third,,,Doc say's it may be the big one...

Thanks

rfpowerman

hey rf where did you go with this project, looks good i thought there would be more people having a go at building their own, i think i will bias the am400 using the motorolla circuit next, i hope your health is ok so you can get this finnished :D

come on people theres plenty of folk on here willing to help if ya get stuck, even boo offered to help, if you buy a parts pack all you need is to be able to solder good enough for it to stay together, if i can turn a useless 2290 2pill into a perfectly sweet sounding class AB 2879 amp whats stopping you doing this? :?: just think of the satisfaction you will get from telling your buddies you built it yourself when they are complementing youre audio ;)

OK guy's,,,I am currently finishing it up...and getting the pics of each of the stages....again,sorry for the delay....I hope to have it done and up for you by the first or middle of next week...
As for the bias,,,,i will be showing it as class C first,,,for the guy's who just wanna "Hammer",,,then we will go through the steps to add a regulated bias circ. and no body mentioned filtered,"FL Native",,but we can add that as well if wanted...let me know!

I have been trying to rebuild my website and building some back orders since i got out of hospital...This project is a priority and it will be completed,hopefully by time stated..

Thanks for your patients,,

rfp

the filtering will help reduce greatly unwated out of band/off freq spurios emissions. in other words the "fake watts". the ones that show up on ch2 of your tv and such LOL.

hopefully you would end up with around -40db attenuation above 30 mhz.

some people think or get confused when discusing biasing and think that by an amp being AB biased that the "clean" sound means "clean" output aswell. but that is not the case.

AMPOWER said:
FL NATIVE..
My class C amps get -38 to -40db...

AM POWER

i have read that before about a properlly tuned input and output tuning on transitor amps and even tube amps. but most tube amps still include aditional output filtering.

of course we can allways add external filters but thats kinda combersome. unless you have a large desk. haveing a big external filter out the back of your radio or amp. so i guess haveing the internal filtering is just more convienent.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.