• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reputable CB Shops/Techs

I sent Dr. Oz (Steve Kerns) in Springfield a Galaxy 93T Jan-2nd, he don't keep me posted, and when I contact him he gets mad and tells me my radio has BUGS in it. I have to text he won't answer the phone, I've already paid him $240.00 CASH, I've ask him to just send it back but he wont and I'm at the point of pleading for some kind of satisfaction and being ignored! I told him I hated having to trust strangers so now he said I called him a thief. I have all this on my phone, I don't know what to do now but eat it? My rig was super clean used as a base so I guess I'll see it on EBAY!!
Never ever ever send your gear to someone without a good track record but I think you've learned that the hard way. I'm sorry for your situation, just maybe he'll have a little dignity and you get something back.

In the late seventies Red Monkey had a full size shop and at least 2 full time guys on the bench usually 3.
Room for tractor trailers , easy on easy off ramps, lady answering the phone making appointments and a guy selling radios and accessories behind the counter.
It was a full time 7 am to 7 pm brick and mortar shop you could walk into.
The local guy that ran the TV repair shop also worked on cb's, car stereo and amps, anything electronic.
That was when the profits could pay for the overhead and salaries of the employees.
That died out years ago.

Jeff

That's Springfield MO, I've not heard of him. It's 1.5 hours from here. Bad deal it sounds like.
Edit: years ago I delt with a mobile radio service up there. Dude met me in a parking lot got my 2950 that had been struck by lightning. Called me later while I was still in the city and said it was no good for anything asking if I wanted it back and I said no, which I regreted afterwards.
I'm not sure but I'm thinking it's a good possibility that was the same guy.
Thats him, he still works in parking lots, I'm just upset because I'm disabled and shut in, can't go buy a radio of THAT caliber without saving for months. He actually screwed a poor man....https://ozradiodr.com/

Reactions: Keto
That's Springfield MO, I've not heard of him. It's 1.5 hours from here. Bad deal it sounds like.
Edit: years ago I delt with a mobile radio service up there. Dude met me in a parking lot got my 2950 that had been struck by lightning. Called me later while I was still in the city and said it was no good for anything asking if I wanted it back and I said no, which I regreted afterwards.
I'm not sure but I'm thinking it's a good possibility that was the same guy.
Yes, Springfield MO

Thats him, he still works in parking lots, I'm just upset because I'm disabled and shut in, can't go buy a radio of THAT caliber without saving for months. He actually screwed a poor man....https://ozradiodr.com/
Man so sorry to hear that. Hope you can get something out of the guy. If I thought I could fix the situation for you I would.

Reactions: 575nightrider
I should have updated y'all but I've been sorta sick. I sent Mr. Steve Kerns a text and I told him I went to the website I found his name and sent in a review of him and how it went. I finally got an answer telling me it was unfixable, it would only do 20 watts on a new pill, offered me president Lincoln 2+in trade, I declined but I wanted my radio BACK because I've had it so long. This was Monday 2/19/24
I ask him to send it back he said no problem...... Well I enquired again today and he says he'll send it along tomorrow, I asked for tracking and now I wait again! I also told him after it arrives here I will clear up his name here and there. What should I expect of my $240.00?? What recourse do I have? Just don't know but ouch!!

Last edited:
@575nightrider I missed the original trouble you were having with the radio, was it working at all?
I'm not technically on these, plenty others here are though.
Hopefully you get it back.
Same story from this guy as my lightning struck 2950.
So if it trashed why wouldn't he refund, trouble shooting fee?

@575nightrider I missed the original trouble you were having with the radio, was it working at all?
If the radio was "Trash-able" and trashed, or put in the back room as a parts radio, it would depend on the fine print. Several shops in my area pointed out the line that said: Troubleshooting fee not refundable. Which I can understand if they spend a little time looking it over. Other shops were more generous, they'd refund the troubleshooting fee, or if they fixed it, they would deduct the fee from the total charge, or offer store credit for the TS fee, refund 1/2 the fee, or like the other shops, not refund anything. I've only taken 3 radios into a shop (2 different) shops, recommended by a few friends, and one of 'em was a no refund on either an non-fixable radio or at the other end, customer refusal due to the cost of the repair. The other two times we worked something out to both our satisfactions.

If the radio was "Trash-able" and trashed, or put in the back room as a parts radio, it would depend on the fine print. Several shops in my area pointed out the line that said: Troubleshooting fee not refundable. Which I can understand if they spend a little time looking it over. Other shops were more generous, they'd refund the troubleshooting fee, or if they fixed it, they would deduct the fee from the total charge, or offer store credit for the TS fee, refund 1/2 the fee, or like the other shops, not refund anything. I've only taken 3 radios into a shop (2 different) shops, recommended by a few friends, and one of 'em was a no refund on either an non-fixable radio or at the other end, customer refusal due to the cost of the repair. The other two times we worked something out to both our satisfactions.
I don't know exactly what the $240 was for, troubleshooting or specific repairs, maybe I missed that part? I'm not clear if the radio was working at all, let's see.

Yes it was working but it was low power because of a blown 2290. like 20 watts. It's NOT trash! That's why I want it back. Might as well tell you.....He did NOT ship it today. It's a DX93T one owner all stock, I took this the day before I shipped it to him. This started in Jan like the 5th, if he don't send it I'm posting in a couple groups he's in. These rigs in this shape will sell for $500. I don't want to sell or trade it I want it back!!

Attachments

• wall photo GALAXY CB MOBILES  stacked.jpg
    wall photo GALAXY CB MOBILES stacked.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 12
I don't know exactly what the $240 was for, troubleshooting or specific repairs, maybe I missed that part? I'm not clear if the radio was working at all, let's see.
It was for parts and labor, but he's had it since January 5th, wouldn't answer when I ask for status checks, this has been going on too long for me to take up for him, I didn't want all this BS I've got enough in my phone and it don't make him look to good. If he don't send it I'm going to print all of it

It was for parts and labor, but he's had it since January 5th, wouldn't answer when I ask for status checks, this has been going on too long for me to take up for him, I didn't want all this BS I've got enough in my phone and it don't make him look to good. If he don't send it I'm going to print all of it
Oh okay I'm with you sorry if I miss that before.
So still not shipped? I know that's got to be driving up the wall.
I've had a couple of different radio men get my stuff.
One of them I had to shop I could go to and he thought he might want to buy a Maverick 250 all it needed was a relay, he's lucky that I didn't go off on him and beating but he was a 70-year-old man and I didn't need to go to jail. I also ended up with a Yaesu 101 I believe it was, needed a little bit of work. Even took the character to small claims court paid $75 he claimed I brought the linear to him for tubes replaced $175. Even at that time you could not buy a set of tubes for that price at all much less me giving the court $75. Get this I lost.
Found out later for my CV buddy that old boy had got somebody's Texas Star 667 said he had a buyer for it and then claimed the guy took it and never gave him the money.
Another guy made off with a golden eagle that was needing some repair and I'd even bought a $50 part.
Yeah I feel you brother, makes me upset still.

Oh okay I'm with you sorry if I miss that before.
So still not shipped? I know that's got to be driving up the wall.
I've had a couple of different radio men get my stuff.
One of them I had to shop I could go to and he thought he might want to buy a Maverick 250 all it needed was a relay, he's lucky that I didn't go off on him and beating but he was a 70-year-old man and I didn't need to go to jail. I also ended up with a Yaesu 101 I believe it was, needed a little bit of work. Even took the character to small claims court paid $75 he claimed I brought the linear to him for tubes replaced $175. Even at that time you could not buy a set of tubes for that price at all much less me giving the court $75. Get this I lost.
Found out later for my CV buddy that old boy had got somebody's Texas Star 667 said he had a buyer for it and then claimed the guy took it and never gave him the money.
Another guy made off with a golden eagle that was needing some repair and I'd even bought a $50 part.
Yeah I feel you brother, makes me upset still.
Well, I'm disabled and with bad legs and feet and shut in most of the time, so I'm going to spend some time to make sure it cost him. One last chance.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.