• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is a superwhack pack??

freecell said:
i guess that all depends on the definition you're working with....

This is a rhetorical question you know... ;)

Technician:
Someone whose occupation involves training in a specific technical process.

or defined as:
Someone known for high skill in some intellectual or artistic technique.

So, used in a loose manner it would entail someone trained in a process. However, as we know some are not trained in a specific process or going by a set of standards (such as IEEE).

If the term "tech" is applied to someone with high skill in intellectual or an artistic technique, then I would say these folks are few and far between.

I will say though, that firecommunications and DTB Radio have some impressive know-how skills.

BTW, I wasn't playing the forum troll here, but trying to define what standardization would qualify someone to be called a CB-Tech is all. I would'nt read too much into my posts on this topic. Under these terms, I would not consider myself a CB-Technician. (an RF or Electronics Technician perhaps)

:p

This whackpack thing is concerning to me is all... I am not trying to connote that anyone here or the folks at RadioActive are not technicians or artists. I am just questioning whether this modification is worthwhile.

As I see by DTB's comments this modification may not be all its cracked up to be. I highly respect DTB and his work. Up till last week I have never heard of this thing called whackpack.

As you were gentlemen.

Nope, it ain't noth'in special Mr Gee , bells and whistles is all. Is there certificates on the walls over there saying they are this or that ? I Honestly couldn't tell you that either ? Does it work ? well maybe to somebody else's standards of life but surely not to somebody else's. It's kind of like this , you either have a cap/resistor mod swing kit or even a NPC mod or you don't or you could even have a clipped diode for that matter. Folks who do these things are concedered by others as doing a bad bad thing , and yes it can be explained why they are concedered a bad bad thing but yet it doesn't change what they do and it doesn't mean it won't work. But I think you know all this already Mr Gee , there is a formula you can go by for all of this or others just tend to ignore that and do there on thing regardeless of the consequences according to the formulas that are proven and why. So maybe some will say a tech is one that does things by the book and a Hack doesn't ? , but I also know some very well educated tech's that will still do whatever you ask them to , SHOW ME THE MONEY , if you will. IM not downing "them" for what "they" do. IM just saying that the formulas for why things can work better then others can be explained without dragging others through the mud. Your not trolling ? :? I've known you for a little while Dennis and IM somewhat surprised that you didn't know this already , but for some odd reason or other , I think you are more closer to knowing then not. Peace

"Doesn't the mere marketing terminology throw up a red flag?"

it certainly does, especially in light of the fact that what you end up with is less average audio in the form of inadequate negative peak content and unbalanced signal symmetry (more audio?) and increased distortion and adjacent channel interference levels caused by excessive positive peak power (cleaner signals?). i'm not sure how that qualifies as being "bodacious" as there is nothing remarkable or prodigious (maybe reckless) about the procedure. to the trained eyes and ears the contrast between what is claimed and the actual results are nothing but lies and fluff.

the fact that some people buy into it is no surprise as it is "false advertising" at its finest. the final results don't substantiate the "bill of goods" promised, not surprisingly they attest to just the opposite of what is claimed.

Switch Kit said:
Nope, it ain't noth'in special Mr Gee , bells and whistles is all. Is there certificates on the walls over there saying they are this or that ? I Honestly couldn't tell you that either ? Does it work ? well maybe to somebody else's standards of life but surely not to somebody else's. It's kind of like this , you either have a cap/resistor mod swing kit or even a NPC mod or you don't or you could even have a clipped diode for that matter. Folks who do these things are concedered by others as doing a bad bad thing , and yes it can be explained why they are concedered a bad bad thing but yet it doesn't change what they do and it doesn't mean it won't work. But I think you know all this already Mr Gee , there is a formula you can go by for all of this or others just tend to ignore that and do there on thing regardeless of the consequences according to the formulas that are proven and why. So maybe some will say a tech is one that does things by the book and a Hack doesn't ? , but I also know some very well educated tech's that will still do whatever you ask them to , SHOW ME THE MONEY , if you will. IM not downing "them" for what "they" do. IM just saying that the formulas for why things can work better then others can be explained without dragging others through the mud. Your not trolling ? :? I've known you for a little while Dennis and IM somewhat surprised that you didn't know this already , but for some odd reason or other , I think you are more closer to knowing then not. Peace

Remember Switchkit in my area CB is a rarity. I have monitored/listened on 11 meters for about 2 years and I can only find about 8 folks in a 20 mile radius that chat on the standard 40 channels. We have one CB shop that I would consider sending my radios to and one other CB shop that is OK. Most folks around my parts do the work themselves or simply sell the radio for parts, or even sell the radio and say its working when its not (100%).

Honestly, I have never heard of a whackpack before last week. The only mods folks talk about in my area is the stinger board mod. I live in Amish country (and my city is very small) and CB is almost a 4 letter word. Hams outnumber CB'ers in my area 100:1 and you really have to mind your "P's and Q's" if you know what I mean. Most of the folks are just itching to get new folks off the air in my neck of the woods.

I don't get out much either...

:cry:

Happy_Hamer said:
And actually if you click on the CB JARGON of that WIKI page you get some kewl in on CB Radio

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB_radio

very interesting sir.....

i never knew the "split" channels as they sometimes refered ....were used for RC devices......the first time i've ever heard or read that...i always here funny buzzing or tones on those freqs....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.