You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
Retevis is giving away THREE radios for their 16th Anniversary! Click Here to enter!
Hi Nomadradio
Thanks for the info can that filter be removed and bypassed will it help?
Here is the schematic of the 02Aa and the mixer. can u point out the filter.
I cant see any good these days as I have acquired 2 Cataracts in my eyes that will be soon operated on to have new lenses...
On the cybernet PLL02A ssb chassis is there a way to broadband the vco for a better range of extra channels.
I have from 28.045 down to 26.645. Has the potential of more lower channels but would have to alter the vco and
would loose some of the higher channels.
The vco as most of you all know...
Im all set as it was not the rotary sw it was 1 of the resistor packs was flaky as I changed the led display and same so I bridged the 7- 470ohm resistors on the other side and now all is fixed.
FYI
you can add extra channels to this radio 40-+ and tunes pretty good.
I did one for a customer and then he bought 8 channel kits for the brand new ones he bought to re-sell with extra channels added. That was about a year ago.
I also agree to use the free bands especially when skip is rolling in high and ya cant talk to your locals so it gives us some extra space/channels to go up/down to a quieter channel and talk. Also some just want to have the extras just to say they have them as I seldom use them but got them as...
The 02a chassis used here in the states are based on the 10.0525 loop mixing xtal so the xtals you mentioned would be way to high in frequency to use here.
Microchipz is a good choice but by the time you buy + shipping + tariff can get expensive. The poster looking for a 10.0525 if he could...
So here is a reply from Bomar xtal Price the same but minimum is 2 xtals @ $60 each so minimum order is $120.00
Price drops to $40.00 per xtal @10 pieces =$400.00 for 10
Please find below quotation for your review and approval.
Custom Radio Crystals for:
HC49/U xtal 10.0525 mhz for a lafayette...
Minimum to order was 600 xtals so 1200 xtals for the 2 frequencies at 1 time about 5 years ago I had ordered 12,000 crystals.
Here are the specs for the pll02a crystals, Other radios might be a bit different.....
I did see that and there is a guy over seas doing that programing crystal oscillators.
They are a bit noisy. The guy showed one in a cobra 29ltd/gtl am radio and seemed to work. The osc. are out there and need I think an aduino board to program for frequency needed.
company i bought from in China has a minimum of 600 per frequency.
They will do samples but try Kens and if not try Bomar crystals the lady that runs the place hit me one tome for about $5000.00 for xtals about 5 years ago for about a few hundred xtals so I canceled when I saw the quote and...
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.