• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

$1,000,000 lil' will challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok , thanks for the fun folks .

i really think its silly to think that one test under any conditions is any proof of one antenna consistently doing better than another . it may be best in that particular installation , but that doesn't mean it will be best in the majority (or minority) of typical user installations . from what i can tell what is under antenna (type of earth , structures and such) greatly effect how they perform . many folks got equal or better performance with a starduster than a big 5/8 . and i would consider a 70 ft feed-point to definitely be in a very small minority of typical real world CB base installations .

there's also the argument/opinion/evidence that tip height is what matters most , that even a vector will do no better than a dipole at the same tip height . thats assuming the antennas are properly constructed and tuned and that the coax/mast isn't radiating .

what's your thoughts ?

I think you are lucky.

You made a million dollar bet yet knowing full well you couldnt cover your ass.

And you left the rules pretty much open.

Hell someone coulda took lil wil and put it in lab coditions. then every other antenna that was in the callenge coulda been buried 6 feet under ground. different radios and numerous other conditions.

or maybe a group of people that put together the money. Damn the implications are just out there.

I woulda made the tests and gave you the results and you woulda have to pay up or spend all the money to dispute me.

The bet is still out there Booty. I if I were you I would worry that someone with more money then sense doesnt see it.

Beacause if that person accepts that bet I aint sure but you may be liable.

no matter how funny you think it might be. Money is never a joke. And shouldnt be joked with.

Ive seen 50K cars go for a flip of a quarter. Ive seen a 300K house go for how a 100$ bill falls on the floor. I ve seen these peeps win and cheer Ive seen those same cry when they lose. I just wish you the best of luck.

Like I said If I had the million I woulda took you up on the bet and made you lose.

But I dont so I cant say much more.

do you really think i won a lottery and have nothing better to do than make a silly bet on the WWW with some of it ? :whistle:

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.