• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1 Radio - 2 Automobiles

I would agree to just get another radio. Any great solution will probably cost more than you can get a new radio for, if you just want simple AM CB operation. I find old radios in decent condition at yard sales, auctions, swap meets, etc. all the time for $5 a piece.
I have the same mindset, and I particularly like the old 23ch radios that I obtain for free or dirt cheap. I recap them for good measure, but I’m often amazed that many work great as is, even at this late date. In an effort to get more people involved, these radios are usually handed out for free to any local that is interested. There are also several churches in our town that go in convoys every year to various retreats or field trips. These recycled oldies turned out perfect for that purpose, and in the process our town gained a few newbie CB’ers. IMO, having two or more radios is the only option.

Over the years I probably have collected enough mobile radios to support every active member on here . A lot of cheap 40 channel stuff , but why do I hold on to these Lafayette 40 ch SSB's ?Time for a yard sale !:ROFLMAO:
Are any of them SSB? I would buy one! (If the price is right)

Are any of them SSB? I would buy one! (If the price is right)
Hi Tallman , I have to check I might have two , I'm not sure of the model # . I know it weighs about as much as my Cobra 2k !lol It's 40 channel with the old Numbered channel selector . I'll get back to you , I let my nephew " Borrow " one years back and I'm not sure if it ever found it's way home ! But the one I can put my hands on is pristine ( cosmetically ) but I haven't fired it up in a few years , that one I will keep for sure .Be in touch , 73 and God Bless , Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.