• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1 Tower with 2 antennas....I need some input.

2WI549

Aug 3, 2012
I want to mount a 3 element beam on the flat side just above the top of the tower on the bottom of a 10' mast pipe with a Super Penatrator on the top of the mast. The mast pipe will be set down in the top section about 3' in the rotor.

Please let me know what I should do or not do.

Thanks for your Info.

As M42 sais it will work fine. Just make sure you have a good strong mast pipe, and thrust bearing.

I mounted an IMAX2000 above my Mosley67B and it worked great.

I want to mount a 3 element beam on the flat side just above the top of the tower on the bottom of a 10' mast pipe with a Super Penatrator on the top of the mast. The mast pipe will be set down in the top section about 3' in the rotor.

Please let me know what I should do or not do.

Thanks for your Info.

Nothing wrong with that as far as I can see. As has been said make sure the mast is hefty and use a bearing to take the sideways stress off the rotator and you should be good.I have stacked many antennas before and am in the process of doing it again with a total of six antennas on a 22 foot mast of which 17 feet is above the tower.

It will work but you should expect some interaction between the Yagi and the horizontal radials of the 5/8 wave. Essentially they are two crossed half wave dipoles within a 1/4 wave of the Yagi driven element. Some current will be parasitically coupled to the radials and be reradiated by them as a result.

The better choice would be to use a vertical that did not have horizontal radials. The difference may be small but if either antenna has to suffer a little, I want it to be to omni and not the Yagi.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.