• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10.000000Mhz TCXO clock for $15???

Klondike Mike

May 31, 2010
Alberta, Canada
tinyurl.com
Just came across one of these. I've been looking at 10Mhz reference clocks for years and watching the price continue to drop. Is this something a hobbyist could use on test equipment that has provision for an external 10.00000Mhz clock reference?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/224041680715?ul_noapp=true
s-l1600.jpg

Put one of these in the HackRF on the bench. Does what it claims, pretty well. There is a trimmer cap under the paper dot. More than once I have read that the trimmer setting on a TCXO is determined for the claimed temperature range, not just for best accuracy at room temp. Ours is always used at room temp, so I 'touched up' the small error in this one. I haven't made any attempt to document how much it drifts. Not enough to cause my any concern, yet.

... Does what it claims, pretty well. ... Not enough to cause my any concern, yet.73
You definitely are keeping abreast of whats going on in electronics. Thanks for your input. In lieu of of spending $$$? on the latest Rubidium OCXO package, this $15 TCXO is worth experimenting with. When the MAC-SA5X evaluation kit becomes available, that might be a cost effective way to get into Rubidium.
MCHP_MACDSC00891_white.png

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.