• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10-11m gizmotchy converted to 6m?

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
i have a 4 element 10-11m gizmotchy, id like to convert it to 6m use, I downloaded the 6m instructions that has all the dimensions for element length and element spacing but no mention of the gamma match dimensions, and if I go to the giz web site they have all the parts listed for the 10-11m gamma but non for the 6m gamma's,, I would imagine that the 6m gamma is quite a bit shorter overall than the 10-11m gamma? looks like it would be very easy to shorten everything up for 6m, just not sure what to do about the gamma's

i found it,, just entered gizmotchy.com/files and a directory came up and one of the listings was 6m gamma,, along with 10-11m gamma and 2m gamma!!

Attachments

• 6meter_gamma_match_inst.pdf
    61.1 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: binrat
Otherwise just contact Tom he is the owner and will help you with any questions I may be going down there for a day soon here so if you need anything let me know I can grab it while Im there. Weather is finally getting better for us so Ill be able to get my 4 element down and get my 6 element up soon here aswell. I also have to get my 4 elelment Gizmotchy 2 meter beam up in the air so I have quite a few projects on this springs menu.

cool, just got an e-mail back from them, they will sell the 6m gamma's for $17 each,, ill just go that route and shorten everything else up to match the 6m instructions

Reactions: TonyV225

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Maybe. I wasn’t impressed with just clamping the shield wire to the boom with a hose clamp. I built a l bracket with so239 female hubs. I posted a picture on the recent gallery’s.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Well I cut the matching stubs down 1 inch at a time from about 20” down to 6”. Still no real changes.
  • @ 555 Central Missouri:
    Hello everyone, I have a old courier centurion pll 40 channel SSB, it has the extra channels and it has another switch that just moves the frequency down one channel on the dial, what is the purpose for this?
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST