• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10.24Mhz xtal source

keep us updated. I wouldn't mind to stock up on a few if those turn out to do ok.

Good chance you'll see some variation from one of these to the next.
After using a few of them, and testing others, they all do work, but aren't on frequency, and one required so much added capacitance to bring it close (150hz shy) that the circuit would stop oscillating. I'm going to order some that Brandon mentioned as xtal height isn't a concern really.

• Wow
Reactions: Woody-202
After using a few of them, and testing others, they all do work, but aren't on frequency, and one required so much added capacitance to bring it close (150hz shy) that the circuit would stop oscillating. I'm going to order some that Brandon mentioned as xtal height isn't a concern really.
WAIT!!!!!

As with most things, I learned a little since I said that. Turns out, the smaller the package, the less the pulling range. Be sure you order a crystal with a specified load capacitance close to what you expect to see in circuit or you might not get it there.

Reactions: Cable Guy
My panic may have been a bit premature. Those crystals don't need pulling off frequency like some sideband or tripler crystals do, so who cares how small they are. The important part is that you can get them on 10.240000. The ones I linked to need 18pF, and you should be able to make that happen easy enough.

Reactions: Cable Guy and NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.