• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10.24Mhz xtal source

Cable Guy

Void where prohibited
Dec 29, 2010
West Tennessee
I have depleted my stock (donors) and in need. Recommendations needed, eBay looks more like scambay these days and I don't want to pay more than a few dollars each.

Good chance you'll see some variation from one of these to the next. We learned to keep more than one kind on hand. Since no data can be had about the factory crystals' characteristics, we just learned by trial and error which one works best in which radios. The one that's closest to the correct frequency in a 1978 SSB radio with a 858 chip may not allow you to set the clarifier on center in a 1990s 2950.

Would be nice to have those specs before buying. We just took the approach that cheap crystals make trial-and-error matching to the radio's model good enough.

I bought some of these crystals, and they all checked close enough on my crystal checker to be usuable. I have found that AMAZON typically doesn't sell junk. Especially in the electronics field. EVERTYTHING I have purchased through them has been the quality that I expected. 10.240 ??? how close does it have to be for CB ??? I have used these crystals as a sub, and have never seen a decrease in performance.

Your both right, at least in my mind. Some well-placed capacitance can move their frequency some, and this IS something like horseshoes and hand grenades, close counts. At this point like flat-rate box, if it fits it ships. Thanks guys!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.