• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter is very quiet?

last nite,a very strong signal on 10 meters. was on the #$%*(*&^ phone n wanted to hang up n see if i could get in to that station. finally got done on phone n it was quiet.
the phone call a person badly needing a radio till price hit n was trying to get it for less. when that came up i HUNG UP

Reactions: S&W357
EA8OM 10M qsl.png

(y):)

lucky you. i been getting to south america n couple other southern areas . but im using my sirrio 2008 at only 13 ft above ground.
next project is to move the 2008 to the old innernet dish pole n get er up there about 35 ft away from trees n buildings. that antenna impresses me. blows that a 99 out of the water

Whatever….my radio doesn’t go that high. LOL
Hmm ... maybe time to remedy that...seen a High School student whom had passed practice tech exam yesterday win a HT at a Hamfest yesterday... Instructor told us he thought young lad would pass General next weekend when official test session was given.
You cannot believe how much quieter 10m vs 11m truly is!
You can't work'um if you can't hear'um (y)
So nice to have a band with NO noise toys/Roger Beeps/Music playing/bucket mouth addicts etc.
That's like the 5-6ths Africa station last couple weeks. (in IND>)
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

I was studying right before Covid and then stopped. I think I would have passed. My study hood expires soon so I may wait till the updated tests are being given.

Around here if there are no conditions 27.025 usually has something but even then it’s hit or miss.

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
I was studying right before Covid and then stopped. I think I would have passed. My study hood expires soon so I may wait till the updated tests are being given.
The current question pool for Tech expires in June. May want to get in there before then. Every question as you will see them in the exam can
be found on the ARRL website practice exam. Made it easy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated