• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 mtrs ready for CQ SSB this weekend

Yes REALLY good here!
Add to list:
CN2MA / Morocco
ZS2DL / SUNRIDGE PARK , South Africa
LY5O / Lithuania

Conditions have just been outstanding this week. Really do enjoy 10m when it's this shape. Notable contacts

FW5JJ / JACK /
Wallis Island South Pacific

ZM90DX / New Zealand /Special Event Call Sign

T88HZ / ISTANBUL, Turkey...special station located in PALAU

Nice chat tonight with:
KL7YK / RON in ALASKA

JH1AGU nr TOKYO

And a really nice chat lasted like 20+ minutes with
JH1CDR / KEN / 50km NE of TOKYO

Ken was running FTdx5000/200w to 6 elements at 22mtrs
What great Audio!

Lots of RADIOFUN! Best DX to All
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: Philpoh
10 meters just keeps rolling finally!
Tonight again path to Alaska very strong
KL2YV...GERRY in ANCHORAGE, ALASKA...nice 10+ minute chat in which Gerry was 5/9 +10-15...
KL7LF...JOE in FAIRBANKS, ALASKA

Have not heard so many AK stations in quite sometime here in IND...
At least 5 stations on 10 right now.
But the ringer tonight is

BX5AA...JIMMY...CHANGHUA City, Taiwan

What a pleasure to hear Jimmy coming thru 5/7-8..with his "sweet" audio!

I have made everyone of these contacts listed last couple weeks with CRAP for antennas
1/2 wave homebrew Vert at 33 ft. or a junk box HB Delta Loop at 30 ft....
If your not using 10m right now even with a dipole, your missing out!

DAMN if only 6m would wake up now!
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

The contest was great.....but 10-12 have been good!! conditions here after the CQ contest awesome......worked a few good dx calls yesterday and again last nite after dark. In the AM missed a Turkish and Algerian at 5/5 to 5/7 due to pile up, then heard the Madagascar Dx station 5/3 but much QRM. I've been looking for the FT4TA but thus far cant break in!!
Western Sahara, Samoa and Guantanamo Bay were 3 new DXCC's for me.
last nite worked into China, Japan, and worked a Asiatic Russian station with QRP 5 watts RA0CGY. Over the pole prop has been strong here several Russian ops in the evening and many JA's and Malaysian ops.
Then one of the coolest contacts I've had recently, as I finished a couple VK contacts a weaker South Cook Island operator called the VK's ...told them he had listened to our Qso and my mobile in Texas. After they talked and exchanged info them, I called him we moved up 10 and worked QRP!! Texas to South Cook Islands....he has on the beach running 2.5 Watts!!!!! FT817 working the world.
Guys keep an eye out for him QRP 28.615 +- , E51OTC dx expedition, name is Bruce looking for DX. He was on a spot this morning on 10 mtrs.

BJ Radionut is 100% right. 10-12 meters is wide open worldwide.....don't look at the forecasts just tune the bands. Delta loops work great !! easy to erect and low cost
my BIG mobile antenna is 60 inches long with a feed point at 5 feet above real sea level.
I also have a homemade 40 meter loop in the trees....highest point is 14 feet....wire runs thru the trees ...house under 1/2 of the wire....should really suck?? right? It works great on 40-20-12-10 fed with ladder line this thing amazes me....should be a 100% NIVS antenna but it works very well on DX ?? and low noise to boot. Wish I had a lot big enough to get it up 50 feet and make a true loop. Its has odd angles and is a long rectangle. I may build a 12-10 loop for beach ops....should be a monster with vertical polarization. anyway saw your post and could not agree more!! 73 all good Dx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.