• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 year old Extra !

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
:shock: From Eham.net-

"Update: A Very Proud Dad
Mike Bishop (NM9B) on September 22, 2005
View comments about this article!

A couple of years ago I wrote an article about how proud I was of my daughter when she became an Amateur Radio Operator. This is an update of what has been going on with her.

Since then we have gotten vanity calls, my old call was KI4AME and her call was KI4CHK. She became a ham on 9/20/2003 after that, she began studying Morse code, it took her over a year of studying and four tries before she passed, she was determined to pass the code and did on 1/15/05.

She rested for a little while and a few months later started studying for the General class license. She took the General test on 8/20/05 and did not pass (she was heartbroken). After that, she studied before school each morning and after her homework from school was done and she had supper, she would study until bedtime. During this time she was also studying for the Amateur Extra, she told me if she passed the General she was going to attempt the Extra class test. I thought that was a little much but I humored her because she was so determined.

Today, 9/17/05 we went to the Cleveland Amateur Radio Club of Cleveland, TN. where my daughter once again attempted the General exam, she filled out the forms and gave her testing fee to the VEs. As she begin the test I could see a change come over her, she had the look, the desire and the determination of someone 15 to 20 years older than her. On this day my daughter not only passed the Element III but also became an Amateur Extra Class Operator and she accomplished this at the age of 10 years, 4 months and 9 days. "

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.