• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

102" whip VS Wilson 5000

I use one on an NMO type mount that is 40" tall. Depending on what class of license you get. If you get the use of all the HF bands you could easily talk to Moscow with about 100w with an all band transceiver and a Tarheel screwdriver type antenna. You can make it as cheap or expensive as you like which is one nice part of the hobby. My first base station cost me 400 bucks with the antenna and tuner and I've talked to Moscow, Siberia and Austria all with 100w.

WOW!:w00t:

I have to agree about the 102 whip being broadbanded. Mine is covering both 10 and 11 metres. I talked Tuesday night to Japan with 35ish watts to 10 metres.

not sure if he said anything or not but after getting a recommendation from the local cb shop, unless your running more power than a wilson 1k can handle there arent really any other antennas where you will notice a significant gain.

A 102 inch whip is alot of antenna for anenergency vehicle its gonna get bent heads be slapped ect but the whip is and always will be the best choice for range and coverage but not on a emergency vehicle.
Use the wilson mounted on the rig and have a copper wire dipole kit complete with coax and weaights when the wison is not enough antennna pull out the wire dipole and throw it up 30 feet into a tree

A 102 inch whip is alot of antenna for anenergency vehicle its gonna get bent heads be slapped ect but the whip is and always will be the best choice for range and coverage but not on a emergency vehicle.
Use the wilson mounted on the rig and have a copper wire dipole kit complete with coax and weaights when the wison is not enough antennna pull out the wire dipole and throw it up 30 feet into a tree

Ehh.....the OP hasn't logged in, in 8yrs 33wks and this thread is 9 years old. But hey, welcome to the forum. The dipole is a great option BTW.

i have a 2018 gmc diesel. is there a way to run a 102" without putting holes in the truck. I know i could run a ground to the frame under the truck with no issue. Hell i have not kept up with mobil antennas so i dont even know if thats the best choice for my situation.

i have a 2018 gmc diesel. is there a way to run a 102" without putting holes in the truck. I know i could run a ground to the frame under the truck with no issue. Hell i have not kept up with mobil antennas so i dont even know if thats the best choice for my situation.

Your truck (like any) has a dozen or more already.

Best performance is rooftop center. A top load 6-7’ Skipshooter or PRESIDENT Texas base load is close to easiest.

Center load Wilson or Predator. Sirio.

BREEDLOVE MOUNTS for this install.

Mobile Install Guide is www.k0bg.com

Search around. Several threads this past year on same subject (CB Antenna Mobile)

Reactions: bevis
Your truck (like any) has a dozen or more already.

Best performance is rooftop center. A top load 6-7’ Skipshooter or PRESIDENT Texas base load is close to easiest.

Center load Wilson or Predator. Sirio.

BREEDLOVE MOUNTS for this install.

Mobile Install Guide is www.k0bg.com

Search around. Several threads this past year on same subject (CB Antenna Mobile)

Thanks
I didnt know that stuff existed.
The breedlove mounts are sweet

Reactions: Slowmover
Thanks
I didnt know that stuff existed.
The breedlove mounts are sweet

Radios have been installed in all sorts of cars, vans, pickups, farm tractors, etc, since WWII.

They don’t leak

They’re an upgrade to the vehicle

Like anything else,
Do It Once and Do It Right.

The linked website has more than you’ll need. (And, as before, search this site).

Reactions: bevis
Radios have been installed in all sorts of cars, vans, pickups, farm tractors, etc, since WWII.

They don’t leak

They’re an upgrade to the vehicle

Like anything else,
Do It Once and Do It Right.

The linked website has more than you’ll need. (And, as before, search this site).
Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.