• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10k vs wilson 5000 or 102 whip

OK, a quick post and then thats it for being off topic!

The Fibonacci Sequence, as applied here, is basically a non-resonant spacing of elements. If I have two antennas in or near the same band that needs to be placed on top of a vehicle (news van, government, etc) I take the 1/4 wavelength of that band and multiply 1.618 to get my new spacing.

Example: VHF = 17"

17 * 1.618 = 27.506"

I place the second antenna 27.5" away from the first and my in band interference practically goes away! No, its not perfect and again, I would have a hard time using theory to prove it, but it works for me. Try it.

If its two separate bands, I average the two frequencies, divide by 2 and multiply by 1.618.

I know, snake oil! I would agree, except for the part that it appears to work.

This HAS been proven in sound rooms however. The BEST dimensions for a sound room is 16' wide by 26' long, with a 10' ceiling. (16 * 1.618 = 25.888 and 10 * 1.618 = 16.18). This room becomes non-resonant for all frequencies.

This formula has also been applied to architecture and has been found to supply the strongest support structure. You also see it in nature like in the chambers of a Nautilus shell. I didn't make this up!

Disney produced a film called "Donald goes to Mathmagic Land" where this phenomenon was discussed.

Its FM!!!

and then you can always dump all the expensive lowfi junk and pidgeon holed studio multitrack recordings and go to my old friend peter,

his systems are THE only systems i have ever heared that produce
TRUE surround sound and so much more from just 2 speakers,
anybody interested in real hifi get on paltalk and i will tell you how peter blew my mind and redefined what i thought high end hifi was,
read his philosophy,
look at the pentowther speakers,
he was modding kef drive units close to point source radiation untill he came over and heared what me and a friend where doing with lowther units,
he was so impressed he had some cabinets made for us to test, those tests ultimately evolved into his pentowther speakers he now sells,
he sounds like some nutcase but omg do his sytems work like nothing else i ever heared at any price,
we had a couple of high end vendors bring equipment to demo at our homes,
after first listening for a few houres to what we had they each went away without even setting their gear up saying thats just amazing,

having the band playing in your listening room is ok for some but you really should get out more,
the illusion of AUDIONOTE and PENTACONE takes you there ;)

wilson is ok and a good antenna no doubt
102 inch whip on paper should be the best

i have found (and i do not understand why since on paper 102 inch whip should be better)
but i have found 10K works better

but..
20 years ago...a friend of mine used a antenna set up that destroyed all other mobile antennas..
it was not a 102 inch steel whip

rather 4 of them stacked on top of each other
he had guy lines running to each corner

i remember the skip he got on that
he never needed skip conditions(and he used un moded CB)

i'll be dammed if i could remember how he got them to stack on top of each other like that though

is just my experience

i never found the wilson or K40 type antennas to be as good as so many claim

too eaches own though

10K for car
I-10 for home :rknrl :peace

I Know the 10K talks and hears better than a Wilson and at least as good as the 102. The only thing I hate about the 10K is it picks up lot of man made noise, I guess it makes sence if it hears better but in town the noise from the 10k is strong. It does do a great job of talking and the ears are great if you are not near a sorce for man made noise. Those Wilsons are some dandy antennas too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.