• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10kc jumper for MB8719 Mod

Phil501

CDX-501 back in da mix!!
Apr 6, 2005
Western Nevada
Hey guys, I want to do a 10kc jumper on MB 8719 chip...

I found this link

radionut53.tripod.com/id241.html

I have all the parts for the job, but I need to know where the a 5v power source on board I can tap into. It's a old style Cobra 148 gtl.............Any input from you cb bootleggers would be appreciated..........Thanks

phil501.jpg
</p>

Hey guys, I want to do a 10kc jumper on MB 8719 chip...

I found this link

radionut53.tripod.com/id241.html

I have all the parts for the job, but I need to know where the a 5v power source on board I can tap into. It's a old style Cobra 148 gtl.............Any input from you cb bootleggers would be appreciated..........Thanks

phil501.jpg
</p>

The drawing at the end of the page shows the 8-Volts coming from pin 9 of the PLL chip. Runs on 8, not 5 Volts.

This trick works just like they say. You just have to remember the three channels 4, 12 and 20 where you use the "down" side of the toggle switch. That would be the "ground" wire side of the swtich.

On the other two RC channels, you go to the one below the RC on the channel selector and flip the switch to the "up" (8-Volt) side. Those would be channels 7 and 15.

The center position is for all the other channels.

Yes, this trick will do what it says. It's less convenient than the "+10" switch found in multi-band radios. It's a lot easier and cheaper than adding the 4008 chips that the multi-band radio already has built into it. That would be the only way to put a true "plus ten" switch in this kind of radio. Not worth the aggravation and expense, really. This way is more cost-effective even though it's trickier to remember.

If the radio has a frequency display it's easier to tell what you're doing when you flip that switch.

M3D.jpg
</p>

The drawing at the end of the page shows the 8-Volts coming from pin 9 of the PLL chip. Runs on 8, not 5 Volts.

This trick works just like they say. You just have to remember the three channels 4, 12 and 20 where you use the "down" side of the toggle switch. That would be the "ground" wire side of the swtich.

On the other two RC channels, you go to the one below the RC on the channel selector and flip the switch to the "up" (8-Volt) side. Those would be channels 7 and 15.

The center position is for all the other channels.

Yes, this trick will do what it says. It's less convenient than the "+10" switch found in multi-band radios. It's a lot easier and cheaper than adding the 4008 chips that the multi-band radio already has built into it. That would be the only way to put a true "plus ten" switch in this kind of radio. Not worth the aggravation and expense, really. This way is more cost-effective even though it's trickier to remember.

If the radio has a frequency display it's easier to tell what you're doing when you flip that switch.

M3D.jpg
</p>

Hey Nomadradio, Thanks for the break down on the 10kc jumper........I already did the two toggle switch conversion on the PLL. I'm Just trying to get the freq gaps filled in......Also I'm trying to get our home freq as well (27.475Mhz).73's

phil501.jpg
</p>

Hey Nomadradio, Thanks for the break down on the 10kc jumper........I already did the two toggle switch conversion on the PLL. I'm Just trying to get the freq gaps filled in......Also I'm trying to get our home freq as well (27.475Mhz).73's

phil501.jpg
</p>

Hello JustinDepolis2, Very interesting.........How would I go about lowering Pin 16? Do you mind breaking it down to me..........Thanks

phil501.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=phil501>phil501</A> 
philavatar.jpg
at: 2/21/05 4:17 am

Hello JustinDepolis2, Very interesting.........How would I go about lowering Pin 16? Do you mind breaking it down to me..........Thanks

phil501.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=phil501>phil501</A> 
philavatar.jpg
at: 2/21/05 4:17 am

you guys still didn't answer phils question. by pulling "low",

you mean tapping to ground and by "high" you mean applying

the 8vdc? Am I correct on this,if not,please explain in more

detail. Not trying to confuse anyone or start anything,just a little clarification is needed in my opinion.

Thanks guys.Slim

slimsig.gif
</p>

you guys still didn't answer phils question. by pulling "low",

you mean tapping to ground and by "high" you mean applying

the 8vdc? Am I correct on this,if not,please explain in more

detail. Not trying to confuse anyone or start anything,just a little clarification is needed in my opinion.

Thanks guys.Slim

slimsig.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.