• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10m question..

You can listen on any mode, but your limited to ssb and cw, AM most activity on 3885..
You can also copy cw and transmit where your license allocation specifies. You can download for free multipsk, it is good for copying cw and transmitting, hooked to your tnc.
A good place to start in around 7120 or 7110, if your allowed there.
Have a good one
DOCTOR/795

Reactions: Charlie337
You can listen on any mode, but your limited to ssb and cw, AM most activity on 3885..
You can also copy cw and transmit where your license allocation specifies. You can download for free multipsk, it is good for copying cw and transmitting, hooked to your tnc.
A good place to start in around 7120 or 7110, if your allowed there.
Have a good one
DOCTOR/795

Please read the last few posts. The guy was asking about checking swr and things took a wrong turn.

Reactions: Charlie337
Im sorry I over complicate things on myself sometimes. I guess the nitty gritty question was if I as a tech would be in violation checking swr using AM or FM as I am mode restricted to SSB and CW only..Thanks for your help CK and all.

Im sorry I over complicate things on myself sometimes. I guess the nitty gritty question was if I as a tech would be in violation checking swr using AM or FM as I am mode restricted to SSB and CW only..Thanks for your help CK and all.

Technically speaking if you do not speak so as to modulate the carrier while transmitting either AM or FM mode then that unmodulated carrier is a simple CW carrier which is legal. Just do not voice ID while transmitting that AM or FM carrier.

Technically speaking if you do not speak so as to modulate the carrier while transmitting either AM or FM mode then that unmodulated carrier is a simple CW carrier which is legal. Just do not voice ID while transmitting that AM or FM carrier.

actually, he "can't get there from here"......... HiHi

as a TECH he has CW privs on 80, 40, and 15 meters, however,.... he can ONLY transmit USB from 28.3 to 28.5 and ONLY CW, RTTY and Data from 28.0 to 28.3

in other words, an unmodulated FM signal on 28.4 is not actually legal.

easy answer, just inject a tone onto your legal USB signal to check your VSWR.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/NewTechnicianLicenseRulesFromFCCRuleChanges.pdf

actually, he "can't get there from here"......... HiHi

as a TECH he has CW privs on 80, 40, and 15 meters, however,.... he can ONLY transmit USB from 28.3 to 28.5 and ONLY CW, RTTY and Data from 28.0 to 28.3

in other words, an unmodulated FM signal on 28.4 is not actually legal.

easy answer, just inject a tone onto your legal USB signal to check your VSWR.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/NewTechnicianLicenseRulesFromFCCRuleChanges.pdf

Good Lord...you may want to update your info. Even I as a Canadian know better than that. The info you linked too is dated 2007. Try the following link dated March 2012. He has CW privileges in the same spectrum he has SSB . A USA Tech class operator can operate CW from 28.0-28.5 and data from 28.0-28.3 and SSB from 28.3-28.5.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Tech%20Band%20Chart/Tech%20Band%20Chart.pdf&ei=iveMVLyBLoGqgwSx6oGIAw&usg=AFQjCNGY1_cK7EyBd0qZ3APAfu46CfGh2Q

Reactions: Mudfoot
The Short answer is Don't worry too much about it.
I doubt a brief unmodulated carrier will ever be noticed.
Only a overzealous kilohertz cop would make a big deal about it.
AM mode up on 29 MHz used to be a lot of fun, but most of the locals that used to run there have passed on.

Jeff

I hear ya..on a different note this sirio 5k works fairly well on 10m Im waiting on my yaesu 857 to see how well it will do with the sirio until i get my little tarheel..have made some decent contacts on 10 and 11 lsb with it..I appreciate everyone's help

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.