• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter bandpass filter

for me, it's going to be for testing/reducing SWR between the radio and the amplifier. If it suppresses harmonics and spurs, it will point me to the problem. I already verified the first order harmonic, 54Mhz using a 30 Mhz low pass filter.

You know, I don't. Please educate me.
The way I understand it is unlike a lowpass filter, which in the case of a Drake 30Mhz for example, filters out anything above 30Mhz so it will suppress the 54 Mhz harmonic if there is one. You will see the SWR on your radio higher with the AMP on but the AMP to the antenna may be a perfect match. The 54Mhz harmonic, (multiple of 27Mhz) is causing the the reflection due to the amplifier being tuned to ~27Mhz, certainly not 54Mhz and reflecting power back to the radio/driver.

A bandpass filter filters out everything except the band you are wanting to transmit on. A bandpass filter is used mostly to suppress nearby bleed-over when HAMs are "contesting" and nearby traffic is on different bands are interfering.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.