• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 Meter Conversion for Uniden 2600

1300TD

Mar 17, 2011
South Central Mo.
Does anyone have a source for converting a HR 2600 to 11 meters? I have purchased one and would like to mhave it converted. I want a quality job which I was told requires that crystals be changed and a complete transmit and receive realignment be done. Thanks ..Ralph

wow. a 'normal' conversion is enough work, but changing xtals? hmmmmmm.
why don't you just search out a 'chipswitch', then you'll have 12m thru 10m. the only other way is to swap out the stock 64 pin IC & replace with a stock one from an early 2510 (they can be found on ebay for about 1/2 the price of a 'chipswitch' IC chip, or less. of course you THEN need to modify the board for 11m........either way, a 2600 is more difficult to mod then a 2510 or lincoln.

See my post on your other thread. Yes you can replace the crystal but it is a pain in the ass and your frequency display won't show the correct frequency. Chipswitch or HR2510 chip are the way to go.

There are only two choices for the 11M mods for the 2600: Change out the uP for the one out of a 2510, or go to a Chipswitch. Nothing else will work. Trust me on this.

I agree with the fooking JazzSinger. Modify radios not people. Radios are easier to work on and they don't talk back or get snarky with you.

Might be better to convert the op to 10, than the radio to 11.LOL
Rich
Well, maybe.

I've been a licensed ham for over 40 years. I have my DXCC, plus WAS, and I can't even recall how many other awards. Been President of a half a dozen ham clubs... basically, I've done it all. So why am I collecting so-called 10M/Export radios today? (A General Grant, a SS158EDX, an OmegaForce S45HP, too many 2510's/2600's to count and most recently, an Optima from New Zealand.) Because they're fun to fart around with, the S45HP and the Optima are particularly fun on 10M, and very useful (CB) when one is on a highway, and 2M FM just won't cut it.

OR
Just buy my "already converted" 2600 or 2510!!
If you can find any. The available stock of used 2510's and 2600's is getting scarce. Too many guys are simply hanging on to these fine classic radios. I have seen a few parts units but those are rare too, and if you do find one, the finals are typically missing out of them.

VA3ES,

Thanks, I contacted Rogerbird and sent him the 2600. I have had several folks try to change me, It don't work!!!! I guess that's the reason I'm on wife # 4. Oh Well Lifes a ride ,Get On, Hang On , And Shut UP!!!. Thanks Again For the Info..

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.